Chapter 12

Colin left the Featherington house thinking he was having a nightmare. he pinched himself, but he didn't wake up. Walked through the park for hours, trying to understand what had happened. Ran back to house number 5 looking for someone other than Eloise.

-Anthony, I need a favor- Colin said in a hurry.

-what's happening?

-I need you to hit me- Colin said seriously.

-what?

-Please, do not ask.

Anthony hits him in the stomach, knocking the air out of him, but what hurt Colin was not the blow, but knowing that it happened, his Pen had rejected him, after everything they had gone through in Scotland.

- Is the property ready?- Colin said seriously.

Anthony looked at him, wondering why Colin was acting crazy.

-Yes, just like you asked

answered his older brother. The third Bridgerton He left the office, ignoring the viscount's questions.

-Dear, are you going to Lady Danbury's ball? -Violet asked as soon as she saw Colin.

-Yes mother I will be there. -Colin said. Without looking at her.

Colin called the valet to take all his things home, he wanted to spend less than another minute in house number 5. Everything was just as he had asked his brother, even the bed had yellow sheets with blue curtains, symbolizing the union of the two. He had requested that her future wife's room not have a bed, just an office, because he planned to always sleep with her. Just a few days ago he and Penelope acted like a couple and now she despised him.

But he had not done anything that could trigger that behavior, the last contact with a woman was after the failed engagement with Lady Crane. A widow who relieved him of need on his trip through Cyprus. But they both knew it was just that one time. Colin needed to relax, but even more so, he needed a plan.

(...)

Already at night. Penelope had been made up to hide her swollen eyes, the now Duke Williams, had not answered her letter, so she had to be on her best face to appear in front of the ton, after the orchestrated snub. She was determined not to let herself be humiliated again by the third Bridgerton. Arriving at the mansion where the ball would be held, Penelope began to panic, so she asked her mother for a few minutes to calm down.

 Arriving at the mansion where the ball would be held, Penelope began to panic, so she asked her mother for a few minutes to calm down

-Penelope, we've been waiting a long time- Prudence said.

-stay in the carriage, when you are ready come with us, otherwise go home. -Portia added.

-Okay-Penelope answered.

After a few minutes, the door opened, a very handsome Colin Bridgerton entered the carriage, and they started walking.