Chapter 55

Sophie was trying to stop kissing Benedict, but her body did not correspond to her, on the contrary, her hands were caressing his back uncontrollably, her legs were hugging the second Bridgerton's waist and her breathing was becoming faster, she knew she had to do something, was one second away from succumbing and giving him her virtue, her feelings for him oozed out of every pore of her skin, however in a glimpse of clarity, remembered that Benedict was not in love with her, began to cling to that reality , Sophie told herself "it's just his whim that as soon as a lady of his level arrives, he'll throw me away just like does with an object that no longer wants."

She fought against his caresses, the sensations, her feelings for him; she began to cry, and when finally found her voice, she managed to say.

- please no.

She didn't know if he hadn't heard her, lowering her feet to the floor, she managed to push him a little.

- Benedict, no.

The second Bridgerton finally looked at her, his vision was still clouded by lust, but he saw the tears and all the heat went down.

- Do you want me to stop? - he still had her in a tight grip.

- please let me go.

Benedict felt like a criminal, he immediately let go of the young woman.

- Sophie, you can't leave like that.

- I have more things today than when I arrived and thanks to you, I don't need more.

- How long will the money I gave you last, and then what will you do? -He said, starting to feel angry.

- I've looked out for me since I can remember, I'll be fine.

- with those dresses? Who is going to hire you as a maid like that?

- I'll manage - she tried to grab the doorknob, and he grabbed her hand.

- I will not let you go.

- What do you plan to do to stop me?

He hated himself for what he was going to say.

- I will say that you stole from me

She opened her eyes in surprise.

- you would not dare.

- oh, of course I would, as long as you don't go crazy looking for dangers in the world.

- they could send me to Australia as a slave or hang me!

- No, if I ask that they leave you in my custody.

Sophie was filled with rage, it was incredible how she could love him and hate him at the same time. She grabbed the doorknob again.

- do it. "I'll ask them to hang me!" shouted at.

Benedict let her leave the room still stunned by what had happened, after a couple of minutes he reacted, he ran down the stairs, and met Eloise who told him something that he didn't hear, only asked which way the girl had gone. The woman he loved.

"I love her?" It was more of a statement than a question, but how a gentleman like him could love that girl, he knew he wouldn't let anything wrong happen to her.

Finally he saw her in the distance, the condemned woman was walking fast for being so short. When he reached her and grabbed her wrist, Sophie jumped a little. Seeing his face full of pain broke Benedict's heart.

- You can't leave like this, at least let me fix something, so you can find a better job, let me recommend you!

- How will you recommend me if you don't have children?