Chapter 14

When Colin woke up that morning he had a very different idea of ​​what the day would be like. It was not in his plans to see his beautiful almost fiancée with the detestable Lord Williams. Despite any prediction that was what happened, when he saw them walking arm in arm he felt his blood boil, and the third Bridgerton really can't think when is in jealous mode, so he asked for permission to court Penelope in front of everyone. , including his now nemesis the Duke.

Colin didn't know how to make that gentleman understand that Pen was already his and to go somewhere else to look for her own wife. Even Pen looked uncomfortable at the situation.

Whatever happened for the Duke to think he had a chance, he and Pen would have to deny it. Colin entered house number 5 in a bad mood, he found his mother in the living room with his younger brothers. He was so engrossed that he didn't notice his sister Eloise turn a carmine red when she saw him enter.

-Hello family- Colin announced.

-Hi dear, what is the reason for your pleasant visit?- Violet asked.

-I wanted to spend time with my family -he sat down on the couch - there's any suitor come for Francesca?

-Since when are you interested in your sisters' suitors? -Eloise asked.

-It has always mattered to me, and since I don't live here I don't know much about the subject- Colin answer innocently.

-Your sister was named the diamond of the season, right now she is being escorted by the gentleman Michael Stirling. -Violet said happily.

-If they are on a walk, who is doing...

-There is a new Viscountess Colin- Eloise interrupted- Let's hope that this time our sister Kate can be of help and doesn't fall in love with her sister-in-law's suitor,- she laughed

-Although no one would blame her, anyone is better than our brother Anthony- Benedict entered, joining the conversation.

-Benedict! -Violet scolded him.

-What? It's no secret to anyone how bad-tempered our older brother is. It's been several months since they married, and maybe the magic will end... -Colin looked at Benedict, widening his eyes, wanting to tell him to stop -Poor Kate-he continued, Benedict saw Colin's eyes- What? Is behind me, right?

Benedict felt a blow to the head from an account book.

-I assure you brother, that Mrs. Bridgerton is very happy with her role as my wife, since she is the only one in this family who does not bring out the worst in me - Anthony admitted

- since we are all here, we should have a family dinner and discuss our mother's costume party. Plus Kate and I have an announcement to make.

After Kate and Francesca returned from their walk with Mr. Stirling. They all sat down to eat.

-Brother, it's really good you are here- Francesca said -Kate and I have a question.

-About what? Colin answered.

-Did you really ask Lady Featherington's permission to court Penelope in front of several people this afternoon?

-how do you know? -Colin said.

-Everyone knows, nothing else was talked about, they said that you and a great lord were courting Penelope- Kate concluded.

-It's true- Colin answered.

-That's fantastic son, I knew you would realize how much you love Penelope.

Everyone except Eloise began to nod.