Chapter 48

"I thought I was clear when I ordered you not to approach my sister again," Colin said so furiously that Penelope was unsure if it was still acting. "You're going to get married right away!"

- Colin! - Penelope called, nervous.

No, Penelope, this gentleman cannot take liberties with Eloise and continue courting other ladies.

- That's not what's happening here - Eloise said quietly because some carriages were already beginning to be seen passing by, so she jumped down so that no one would see her inside. -Colin - El grabbed his arm and made the most prominent hurt puppy eyes she could make - I know you want the best for me, it's not that Sir Crane doesn't want to marry me - the third Bridgerton looked at the knight who nodded very thoughtfully - it's me. the one who is not very sure

-What do you want, Eloise, to lose your virtue to make sure he is the knight for you?

-I have to remind you that before you and Pen got married, you took several liberties, plus you had known each other for years and you knew that a union was something simple, I still don't know him very well and Phillip has been kind enough to agree to a courtship, with the option of not forcing myself if in the end I decide not to continue.

Lord Featherington looked at his future brother-in-law, who looked mortified, which made him remember when he offered the same to Penelope, feeling bad for Sir Crane, his anger evaporated, sending his sister inside the house.

- Crane, I'm sending my sister to "my cabin" with my brother Benedict in Kent. The knight nodded.- you must win her over, because no one in this house can force her to marry, she loves mysteries, and you must become one.

"Be chivalrous, but at the same time, if there's something a man normally does, let her try it first," Pen added.

-She will never tell you directly what she wants, so  tried to guess, it's best- Colin finished - I'll make sure she's there next week.

-Thank you very much - Sir Phillip offered his hand to say goodbye.

- God knows that if he takes her he will be a saint - Colin mocked.

Penelope hit him.

- My husband is trying to say that she is exceptional.

- I know - the gentleman smiled at them - if you'll excuse me, I must travel with my children.

The couple nodded, they began to walk towards house number 5.

-Were you outraged?

-Yeah.

-What made you change your opinion?

-His face reminded me of the pain I felt, when you told me at the Featherington house that you did not want my courtship.

Penelope watched as the thoughts passed through her husband's eyes, she took his hand giving it a slight squeeze.

- what did he say? -said Eloise as soon as the couple passed through the door.

- You will be traveling this Wednesday with Benedict, I'll take care of it, for now my wife and I will go to sleep, if you'll excuse us.

The two of them went up the stairs still hand in hand, they were exhausted, when they arrived at the room, they saw someone lying on their bed. Penelope remembered a lousy dream; She moved closer,  was a maiden who was fast asleep with Thomas to the left of her in an embrace, wide awake. Colin caressed the girl's shoulder trying to be gentle to wake her up, she jumped, tightening the hug, and when she saw the couple, remembered where was, and she jumped up.

-my lord, lady. I'm sorry, I was trying to calm him down in the early morning and fell asleep. Right now, I changed the sheets.

-It's unnecessary, don't worry, we'll take care of Thomas, you can leave and please tell our family to let us sleep.