Lucian Evans - 1

The young man's eyes opened to the dark expanse of his room's ceiling. He blinked a few times before gradually rising and settling into a seated position.

The bed provided comfort to his frail body, which could be injured by even the slightest physical effort. It had been personally designed to accommodate his delicate constitution.

The exquisite blue sheets matched the color of his eyes, a rarity in Japan, and attracted significant attention. His gaze shifted towards the massive 54-inch TV that was still broadcasting the latest news and updates, casting a faint shadow over his figure.

"Today, the CEO of Evans Corporation is finalizing a five-year deal with the Fourth European Arcology. While Evans Corporation had previously established agreements with the Four Tokyo arcologies three years ago, their ventures are now extending beyond the borders of the country."

"Yes, as Ms. Kawasaki mentioned, Mr. Kyouhei Suzuki, the CEO of Evans Corporation, is already immersed in his new project. This endeavor aims to consistently supply fresh vegetables and fruits, not only to our esteemed nation of Japan but to the global community as well. Let's now dive into the interview conducted with Mr. Suzuki on the day of the corporation's announcement."

The view of the newscasters shifted, and a new video played on the TV, featuring a middle-aged man. He possessed good looks and had similar blue eyes to the young man who was watching. The man was dressed in an expensive suit, standing on an elevated platform, flanked by various corporate figures as he delivered the speech in front of a multitude of reporters.

"Today, we've sealed a deal with the Fourth Arcology of Europe, even amidst the conflict it experienced with the Third Arcology. Our commitment extends to providing them with our services as well. We're relentlessly striving for a world of peace and devoid of war, allowing everyone to relish the fresh, deserving produce once more. While it may come at a cost, we're dedicated to minimizing expenses for our synthetic equipment, aiming to make naturally grown fruits and vegetables affordable even for the less privileged. Looking ahead, let's focus on the future. I extend my gratitude to the Prime Mayor of the Fourth Arcology for their collaboration with our company."

As he spoke, an elderly man with graying hair stepped onto the stage, holding a stack of papers in his hands. He slid them onto the desk and pushed them forward. The middle-aged man picked up the pen, signed the papers, and then they shook each other's hands.

"To a great cooperation," they both spoke simultaneously, their hands clasped in a handshake.

The video abruptly ended as the image transitioned back to the news anchors.

The young man's gaze seemed slightly weird as he fixed his eyes on the TV.  As soon as the interview ended, he promptly switched off the TV, plunging the room into complete darkness.

He reflected on the entire news segment, his mind retracing the events.

Kyouhei Suzuki, a man revered with high esteem in today's bussiness landscape. His influence stretched not only across all of Asia but also reached Europe and South America, where he's hailed as the emerging icon of the horticulture industry.

Following the World War 3, planets affliction have given rise to an era of genetically modified fruits and vegetables that lacked flavour and quality. Nevertheless, under the right circumstances and environment, their natural cultivation was possible. However, with the sun hidden behind thick clouds, and the rains of acid, this task ramains arduous and financially demanding. This is precisely why Evans corporation has emerged as one of the leading symbols of the horticulture industry.

They've ingeniously engineered and established a synthetic environment within specially designed domes, capable of reproducing fresh vegetables and fruits using an undisclosed technology. This groundbreaking advancement sparked an widespread search for the exact details of this discovery.