Luminous Bifrost Valley

"Young Master, wake up," Mei Mei gently shook Lucian's body with soft touches, ensuring not to startle him.

"Young master, you will blame me again if I didn't wake you up. Wake up!" Her voice grew firmer as she continued to shake his body lightly.

"Uhm... Just 2 more minutes. And I'll be able to beat this dumb Kraken," Lucian mumbled incoherently as he clung onto the pillow next to him.

"You're always like this," the maid sighed as she got up from where she was sitting and went to turn on the lights. All this time, the room had been in darkness.

As soon as the light was turned on, Lucian felt a gentle stream of light in his eyes, causing him to slowly release his grip on the pillow and open his eyes.

"Turn the light off," Lucian mumbled with half-sleepy eyes, but the maid promptly showed him the time.

8:54

"You asked me to wake you up before 9," said the perfect maid as she gently poked his cheek.

Lucian finally understood that Mei Mei was waking him up per his request. He gently rubbed his eyes and sat up on the bed.

"Thanks, Mei Mei," Lucian said with a yawn, stretching his arms as he smiled at her.

Mei Mei gave a contented smile after performing her duty. "Let me change your clothes first," she said, swiftly changing his attire to something more suitable, as the room's light illuminated Lucian's figure..

Despite his slender build and pale complexion, Lucian possessed striking good looks. His petite nose sat pertly on his face, complemented by soft, pink, and inviting lips. His cheekbones added a pleasant touch, giving him an overall charm that exceeded even the models of this world, for those who took a closer look.

"You should freshen up, wash your face, and have breakfast before diving back into your addiction," Mei Mei chided, her voice tinged with slight disapproval.

"Are you still upset that I haven't been spending much time with you?" Lucian teased, his smile growing wider as he rose from the bed and stretched his body. Over the past few months, he had been feeling remarkably well, and one could even say he had become more lively than ever.

"Yes, I'm alone at home all day. What can I do but wait for you to log out? And even when you do, it's very late! It's been getting very dangerous lately; you've been playing Yggdrasil too much!" Mei Mei expressed her concerns as a maid who strives for perfection for her master yet finds it difficult to be apart from him.

"Hey, don't you have friends? I remember you used to go out with them every weekend. What happened to that? You even told me you had a friend who voiced a character from my favorite Ero Game," Lucian said as he opened his drawer to take his daily pills.

Mei mei blushed slightly at his words and quickly scolded him.

"Stop discussing eroges in the morning! Let's change the subject. And even if I have friends," she whispered softly, fidgeting, "I would still prefer being with you."

"Wait, what did you say?" Lucian, who couldn't hear her due to her whispering so low, immediately asked, as he didn't understand what she had said.

"Nothing! Please freshen up, I'll bring breakfast right away. Don't you have to defeat some boss before registering for the World Tournament?" Mei Mei said as she gently guided him toward the bathroom.

"Yeah, you're right. Today is the first day of the World Tournament, and I'm really excited," Lucian said with genuine enthusiasm and a smile.

Mei mei watched as he washed his face, brushed his teeth, while humming an anime opening with an excited smile.