World Tournament - 1

Standing on the Eternal Ember Plane, Lucian focused on his console, currently in the process of registering for the World Tournament.

Small specks of embers whirled around him, a natural occurrence in this land. The Eternal Ember Plane was located at the edge of Muspelheim and had a hazardous environment. Lucian was able to stand here without taking damage from the flying specks of ember thanks to the abilities provided by his [Eldurhildr] Valkyrae.

No other players were near him. After all, he was at one of the edges of Muspelheim, a place where most players wouldn't even consider going unless they were seeking specific drops from particular monsters found only there. Even then, they would be equipped with gear specifically suited for this location, including fire-resistant and ember-resistant gears.

"This should do it. But the fact that they're offering 10 million coins for everyone who registers is quite surprising. However, I suppose since only players at level 90 and above can join, it's not a life-changing amount, but it's still a substantial sum." Ten million coins were indeed a substantial amount. For regular level 90 to 100 players, the coins earned from registering in the tournament could certainly make a significant difference.

One of the reasons why the World Tournament was so popular was its extensive advertising. It could be found almost everywhere, from TV to Teatube. The promotion for the Yggdrasil World Tournament was widespread. Additionally, the event was broadcasted across multiple platforms, and even players who participated and lost would have the opportunity to witness the final battles in person.

"Man, I'm really tired after hearing all those lectures from Chagama-san," Lucian said as he slumped down on the red rocky bed on the ground. He had received quite an earful from his new 'friend,' although she later apologized for her rude behavior. Apparently, she had a brother who spent money on gachas, which is why she thought of Lucian as a brother for a moment and lectured him.

"A sibling, huh? It must be nice to have a sister, wouldn't it?" Lucian mumbled to himself, wondering what it would be like to have a sister.

After collecting his thoughts, Lucian stood up and glanced at the timer.

[22:54] - 22 minutes remained before the tournament was set to begin.

Once the tournament started, every player would be transported to a private PvP arena to battle a randomly chosen opponent who had also registered for that world. They would continue to battle unless they lost or won all the rounds for the day. The event spanned three days, with the third day featuring the main fights of all the worlds, where only the semi-finalists would remain.

For the most part, players were focused on and eagerly awaited the battles for the rank 3 and 1 positions. Both of these players were from the same guild and had gained significant popularity in the virtual world. Furthermore, they were both endorsed by the same brand, a VR software security company.

Lucian, on the other hand, wasn't particularly interested in claiming the #1 or #2 spot, as he was already powerful enough and didn't require anyone's approval to maintain his strength. However, he wouldn't mind taking on the first and second rankers if they sought a challenge and attempting to claim their positions.

Unfortunately for Lucian, both of those highly-ranked players were participating in the Niflheim world and not in Muspelheim. In Muspelheim, he could only find players ranked 7 to 12. This limited selection of high-ranked opponents might be why Muspelheim didn't generate as much excitement among players.

Lucian patiently waited for the remaining 22 minutes, passing the time by exploring the cash shop and buying all the new items he could find. Since he hadn't checked the cash shop earlier in the day, there were plenty of new items to catch up on.