First Death

A player donning a maid uniform with long black hair ran across the cold grounds of Niflheim. She had a rather peculiar maid uniform that appeared armored and had a beautiful face coupled with swirling, black hole-like eyes. She was currently running in a cave system, trying to find the cave ruin where her master awaited her.

"Just where is this Frozen Hallow of Sin?" Mei Mei ran all around the cave ruins.

Just 20 minutes ago, she received an in-game call from her master, and he wanted her to log in immediately and meet him at the Frozen Hallow of Sin, which was in Niflheim. She was doing chores, cleaning the house, and preparing food, but she had to stop all her work to meet her master's unreasonable demands. And she just couldn't say no to him, even though it would be troublesome for her to leave all her work.

Her master, a few hours ago, had for some reason transferred his entire inventory to her because apparently, he needed to try something, and she wondered if it was also related to that something.

Mei Mei continued her search as she went around different cave ruins, entering and exiting with great efficiency. Usually, she wouldn't have such problems finding her master in the game because her [Noble Stalker] class allowed her to use the skill [Shadow Slave], which basically allowed her to have a bond with a person and immediately appear beside them.

When she logged in and checked the skill options, there was no option to appear in the shadow of Lucian. That's also why she was a little worried. Why that happened, she didn't think much of it. She checked her friendlist, which had only one friend, Lucian, and she was also not able to see him there, as if he were not even playing the game. But she was sure he was in the game because when she heard his words in the call, she could hear some BGM of attacks and stuff.

"I hope he's not doing something troublesome..." Mei Mei muttered to herself as she ran around, leaving shadows behind her. Just as she was about to enter another Cave Ruins to look inside, she saw some players running in the same direction.

"Right! I'm definitely participating in this raid!" One of the Heteromorphic players said; he looked like a spirit.

"We can't be too sure. What if this world enemy is super strong?" His friend, the player running beside him, looked like a plant, asked.

"Like hell! Didn't you read the quest request? It's a player who turned himself into a world enemy. The origin is a player, that means he can't be that OP. We can get some good rewards if we kill him," said the player.

"Sigh~ let's just see what Frozen Hallow of Sin holds," replied the other player.

Mei mei heard the two players, two heteremorph players running towards one of the cave ruins. She had an ability from her Noble Stalker class called [Whispers of the Wind] which allows her to listen any conversation going on between players, even if she was further away from them.

"Looks like master is again creating trouble..." Mei mei muttered as she used her ability [Shadow Meld] to immediately blend together with the shadow the players, following them without their knowledge. They were both level 100 players, but unless they had specific detection skills, they would never be able to discover her..

Soon, she arrived in what appeared to be a frozen cavern with a gaping maw that was covered in sharp icicles. She allowed the players to enter the cavern before she immediately vanished, dispersing as if she were the wind.

The cavern inside was labyrinthine, and she had to navigate using her skills to reach the center of it. Unlike the players, who seemed to have taken some quest that allowed them to easily navigate through the cavern.

After five more minutes of navigating, she finally reached the center of the cavern, her central vision confirmed it. However, the scene taking place was...