Clan Base to Guild Base

This is the longest chapter I've ever written. I hope it doesn't bore you guy's.

Words: 7000

Grab your coffee and take your seat. Enjoy.

______________________________________________

In the dark and dreary room, three figures sat, each fixated on their respective screens. Their eyes remained glued to the screens, their fingers dancing across holographic touchscreens to manipulate the digital screen before them.

Clicking noises resonated through the room as Suzune tapped on her holographic keyboard, situated on a clear table. Mei Mei, who typically didn't display much emotion, let out a rare sign of exhaustion.

"API endpoints for 'Citadel of Sin,' the main hub, and those other four bases are finally done. This was never-ending," Suzune muttered as she continued to type. Her once-neat brown hair was now disheveled, and her eyes were bloodshot, bearing the marks of fatigue with deep black circles beneath them.

"Mapping those virtual spaces is finally complete! Navigation meshes, occlusion culling, and shared assets, finally done," Suzune muttered to herself, venting her frustration with the occasional curse. Her hands never once stopped their rapid typing.

"Master, you need to drink some water. It's been 1 hour and 13 minutes, and you haven't taken a sip. Your eyes look like they'll pop out any moment!" Mei Mei expressed her concern as she rose from her chair. Mei Mei had been assigned by Lucian to design various elements, and it felt like an endless task. She glanced over at Lucian, who was also present in the room.

Suzune, upon hearing Mei Mei's voice, paused momentarily and shifted her gaze toward the young man sitting in another chair. Lucian had a massive screen in front of him displaying a menu with countless textures, data, skins, add-ons, and more. At the base of the screen was a small island, and Lucian sat in the center of the room, manipulating a 3D model and numerous textures.

"Mei Mei... I don't need water right now!" Lucian responded, his eyes mirroring the exhaustion of both Suzune and Mei Mei, marked by dark circles and bloodshot eyes. Lucian was a perfectionist, and anything less than that was unacceptable in his eyes.

"Lu-Lucian..." Suzune stuttered as she crawled over to Lucian's place, Mei Mei watching but not intervening.

"W-what is it, my dear Suzune? Do you need me to massage you? I hope you can stay awake until we connect all the bases," Lucian said, attempting to give a charming smile, but his bloodshot eyes gave it a somewhat sinister appearance.

"I-..." Suzune muttered as she fell over onto Lucian's lap.

"You..?" Lucian inquired, growing concerned that something might have gone awry with his perfect plan.

"I-..." Suzune began to speak.

"Suzune! Tell me what!" Lucian urged, holding Suzune's cheeks and bringing her face closer to his, locking his bloodshot eyes with hers.

"You?" Suzune started.

"I-... I've done my work, so give me my rewards," Suzune said, falling onto Lucian's lap with a thud and drooling from the corner of her mouth.

"Really? Hey, Suzune! Wake up! Wake the fuck up!" Lucian shouted as he shook Suzune. After a minute of shaking, she finally woke up with a loud shout.

"W-what! Where are my rewards!?" she shouted as she woke up, her eyes still bloodshot, locking onto Lucian's blue eyes. She almost lost herself for a second, pressing her lips forward. But before she could claim her rewards, Lucian interrupted her daydream.