Yggdrasil - 3

Looking at the racial traits of the Dragonoid Race, Lucian immediately crossed it off. There was no way he was going to play this game and not have magic, especially when he learned that there were over 6000 spells to learn and master. The sheer number of spells astonished Lucian, although many of them were probably convenience spells. The amount of magic available was still shocking to him.

The magic levels were divided into tiers from 1 to 10, with an additional 11th tier known as a super tier, which only magic builds were able to cast. These super tier spells were more like special skills, as they didn't consume MP but were limited in terms of the number of times they could be cast per day, according to the guide.

Lucian obviously wanted to create a character that excelled in both magic and combat, preferably a magical knight or something similar. Looking at the Dragonoid race made him realize that it was impossible for him to be a Dragonoid and have access to magic. Cutting it off from his options left him with the choices of |Angel| and |Vampire|.

Angels seemed like a good option due to the available racial classes, which appeared to be quite strong. However, looking at the racial traits, Lucian was both surprised and intrigued by their numerous advantages. But the karma aspect gave him pause.

While most angels had positive karma, he considered that fallen angels might not. To make a worthwhile build, he might have to heavily invest in his racial class.

Additionally, angels appeared to be a magic-focused race, which could potentially leave him lacking in physical strength if he chose that racial class.

That left him with the option of becoming a vampire. The Vampire Racial Class was well-suited for both magic and physical attacks, with multiple class choices available, including Vampire Knight and Vampire Caster. However, the more balanced option was simply the "Normal Vampire" class. Lucian speculated that by selecting this class, he might eventually unlock a higher-tier racial class.

In the end, after a few moments of contemplation, he made his decision and chose the Vampire Racial Class.

As soon as he made his choice, his avatar, which initially resembled a silhouette like others, transformed into a more bestial and monstrous form. He examined his hands and noticed they appeared pale, with veins protruding and claws that looked dirty and grotesque. His fingers were large, resembling those of a monstrous creature.

When he opened the menu and accessed the Character Customization option, a hideous and monstrous-looking creature appeared suspended on the screen.

It had bat-like wings, a noseless face, and a monstrous body that stood tall and appeared pale.

The creature resembled something straight out of a horror movie, and its appearance even took Lucian by surprise, as he had never seen such a grotesque monster except in movies.

And now he had become that monster.

"Ughh, this feels violating."

The thought of being such a hideous creature was unappealing and disgusting to him. However, he was well aware that he could change his appearance using the creator tools available in the game once he leveled up or gained access to the shop and gacha. He planned to change his character's appearance at the earliest opportunity.

As Lucian gazed at the monstrous creature, he saw various options for customization, from elongating limbs to altering the torso. He tried his best to make it look as normal as possible, but it still appeared quite unsettling. Sighing in frustration, Lucian decided to move on and focus on choosing his job classes.

A seemingly endless list of base job classes appeared before his eyes as he scrolled through the options.

With over 2000 basic and advanced job classes available, some required specific prerequisites to be met for unlocking, while many were readily available for players during the beginning of their playthrough.