World Tournament - 2

Lucian dodged a straight sword slash from his opponent, SigmaMale69, as he swung his two-handed sword like a maniac. Despite the constant, wild swings, Lucian effortlessly dodged them, moving like a trained warrior.

Lucian could tell, from his opponent's reflexes and build so far, that this player had little to no strategy. He didn't even have a properly min-maxed character. When Lucian took one of his attacks, not even a single point of damage was inflicted, indicating that his Physical Attack stat was below 70.

This player probably tried to be a cool magic swordsman and chose multiple magic and physical job classes, forgetting that a good build is one that's built with patience and trial and error. Only a moron would be so confident with such an atrocious build.

"I thought you said you'd beat me up? Don't tell me all this time you haven't fought anyone with the same level as yours?" Lucian asked as he once again dodged the sword slash from SigmaMale69.

"Was all your talking just a farce? Were you just bullying low-level players trying to feel superior? What a pathetic piece of..." Lucian dodged another attack and leaned near the player's head, whispering, "Shit." His opponent followed up with a downward slash, but he was unable to land it yet.

The player shouted, "Shut up!" and cast a spell.

"[Chain Explosion]" he chanted aloud instead of using his console, which made it seem rather foolish since he was essentially announcing his move to Lucian. Lucian couldn't help but think that this guy wasn't very smart, as using voice commands for spells in PvP was quite unusual unless you were trying to deceive your opponent, which this player clearly wasn't capable of given his actions thus far.

Lucian held his hands forward, and his gauntlets lit up. Before the player's spell could take effect, Lucian was surrounded by an everburning flame barrier.

Soon, an explosion echoed, followed by a few more in a chain reaction. Dust arose as Lucian's opponent waited to see Lucian's HP, hoping to deal a significant blow with his spell.

However, what greeted him was Lucian casually standing there with a smiling emoticon on his face.

"Is that the best spell you have in your repertoire? I thought you could do better," Lucian said mockingly as he made his move for the first time, using his skill [Phantom Step] to instantly appear right beside the player.

"Try this," Lucian whispered softly as he punched the player right in the head, hurling him towards the end of the arena. However, it didn't end there as he immediately teleported himself right where the player appeared and once again punched him.

[-20]

[-20]

Lucian dealt constant damage for 20 seconds until the player's HP reached zero, causing him to vanish from the arena.

[You won your first round]

A big screen appeared floating at the center of the arena as Lucian smiled, feeling a little better after 'defeating' that opponent.

"I can't wait to have some fun," Lucian said as he clenched his 'Claws,' with a smirk on his face, hidden by his avatar, eagerly awaiting his new punching bag—I meant opponent.

*************

"Mei mei, I want to eat some sushi," Lucian said while sitting on the couch in his living room.

Night had already fallen on the world, not that it mattered, as the world remained the same regardless of the time of day.

It was the second day of the world tournament, and Lucian had already completed all his battles. He had even been chosen for the semi-finals, which were set to take place tomorrow. These semi-finals would mark the beginning of the real world tournament, the one that would be streamed on multiple platforms and channels.