Fight

The rented clan base of Nine's Own Goal was exceptionally noisy today. Located near the center of Helheim but hidden from normal players, this base came at a huge monthly cost. It was nestled within the Dread Dream Groves, a forest teeming with Nightmare monsters known for their «Nightmare» effects. As most of the players in Nine's Own Goal were heteromorphic and immune to these «Nightmar» effects, they had opted for this dangerous yet secure clan base.

The base resembled a typical two-story medieval house, shrouded in the misty and foggy wind. The clan members were engaged in bickering and heated discussions today, their voices echoing throughout the base.

"What do you mean I should apologize? What did I do wrong? Are you advocating for dictatorship? Because I can't have an opinion without having to apologize?" Lucian slammed his fist on the small round table, his voice raised.

[-0]

"Having an opinion is one thing, and recognizing what is objectively right is another. Lucian, you need to apologize," Touch Me slammed his fist on the same round table, causing it to shake even more.

[-0]

"Touch Me-san, Lucian-san, I think we should calm down and try to talk it out," Momonga suggested, his bony figure attempting to intervene in the argument. However, he was swiftly shut down by Lucian.

"I think it's not the time to calm down anymore. I'm fed up with Touch Me-san's constant berating!" Lucian expressed his frustration, his voice laced with irritation.

"Are you suggesting that stating what's right and wrong is now a bad thing?" Touch Me retorted, his voice escalating in pitch, much like Lucian's.

"Yes! You're treating me differently ever since you found out my father is a corporate leader. You act as if I'm some criminal and as though I can't understand what 'commoners' feel," Lucian expressed, his voice laden with frustration. His emotions were evident, and he seemed hurt by the situation.

Touch Me looked a bit shocked as he listened to Lucian's words. He realized that Lucian was right, and he had been treating him differently, even if unintentionally.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to—" Touch Me began, trying to explain, but Lucian cut him off.

"I understand why you want to be a hero with your profession, but not everything is about politics and differing views. We can still be normal friends despite coming from different backgrounds. How can you say that I'm always in the wrong for my life when you, too, have a good life? Isn't that hypocritical of you?!" Lucian shouted, his voice cracking as if he was on the verge of tears.

Lucian was reaching his breaking point. Touch Me, someone he considered a close friend, had changed significantly after learning about Lucian's different background and his father's wealth. Lucian felt like he was being treated unfairly by Touch Me.

"I'm starting to hate playing Yggdrasil because I feel like I can't connect with my friends anymore. I've always tried to treat everyone in the clan with kindness, and I've never been disrespectful or intentionally hurt anyone. So why am I the one getting lectured all the time? You're a cop; why don't you go ask these same questions to those corrupt politicians and business owners instead of targeting me!" Lucian shouted in frustration, pushing back against Touch Me's arguments. The clan base remained eerily quiet, with only Momonga, Lucian, Touch Me, and Tabula Smaragdina present. Tabula Smaragdina wisely chose to stay out of the heated argument between the two prominent members of the guild.

"Lucian, I didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry," Touch Me struggled to find words to convey the depth of his guilt. He had no idea his words would have such huge impact on Lucian.