1.2 Fixer Upper

Y/N was back at his dorm packing up his items. If he was going to join the guys in their business, he thought it would be best to live near their headquarters. He was honestly considering dropping out of school once the business got rolling.

The plan was for the guys to find a source of money and Y/N would meet up with them to scout locations. They decided to open a second mortgage of Ray's childhood home, something the giddy man was hesitant about. 

Y/N looked around his dorm room now full of boxes. There weren't that many, which he was thankful for. He didn't have a car and doubted Venkman would help him with moving. Taking in the room, he contemplated his decision. Did he really make the right choice? Was this venture really worth it? He then looked over at the essay he'd been handed back a few days ago. Looking at the big 'F' marked on the paper, he finally decided on his decision.

Y/N: Screw it. I've got nothing left to lose.

The guys were walking around an old firehouse in the middle of Manhattan. They had already visited several locations looking for a good building to use. The real estate agent was finishing giving them the grand tour.

Agent: There's office space, sleeping quarters, and showers on the next floor and there's a full kitchen on the top left. 

Y/N looked around the old firehouse. Dust covered the floor and cobwebs stuck to every corner imaginable. It looked like a pipe bomb had been let off in the room. He brushed his hand against the stairwell railing, a thick layer of dust coming up onto his fingers. We may not have to go far to look for ghosts, he thought to himself.

Venkman: It just seems a little pricey for a unique fixer upper opportunity, that's all. What do you two think.

Y/N: It's spacious. I'll give it that. But the wiring seems to have not been updated in twenty years. Is this place even up to code?

Spengler: I think this building should be condemned. There's serious metal fatigue in all the load bearing members, the plumbing is practically destroyed, it's completely inadequate for our power needs, and the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone.

The trio heard Ray above them. After coming into the building, he appeared more excited then the rest of them. He gleefully rushed up to the second floor, exploring all the nooks and crannies the building had to offer.

Stantz: Hey, does this pole still work?

He slide down the old firepole and dropped down beside them. Y/N didn't like how the pole swayed when Ray slid down it. It looked like it may fall under his weight.

Stantz: Wow! This place is great! When can we move in? Y/N, you've got to try this pole

Stantz: Wow! This place is great! When can we move in? Y/N, you've got to try this pole. I'm gonna get my stuff.

Y/N looked at him. For as much as he admired the man's childlike wonder and brilliant mind, he was starting to see what Venkman meant by "a newborn innocence" in the man. Was he really considering moving into here?