3.2 Egon's Last Stand

Y/N stood with Egon on top of the Shandor Mountain Mines. They were each wearing their old Ghostbusters uniforms with Egon also wearing a gray jacket over his. Y/N, now 58, sported his old proton pack. Age had clearly taken a tole of it with chipped paint and replacement parts dotted around the particle accelerator. 

The two were looking up at the storm clouds above them. The clouds were swirling and an orange hue could be seen in the center. The two had prepared for this night. Gozer's minions were trying to return once more. 

Y/N looked up at the storm clouds with anticipation. A strange light was starting to emanate from the center of it. When he looked closer, he saw a bright orb fly out from the light. It left behind a pink trail as it flew through the clouds. The orb slowly started to form horns and a dog like face. Y/N knew exactly what it was. The key master, Vinz Clortho.

Without a second thought, Y/N fired up into the clouds. His beam hit the storm cyclone, causing the dark clouds to spark with the energy of his proton stream. He readjusted his stream and caught the sentinel figure of the key master. It roared and tried to tug away from him. 

While Y/N fought the demonic spirit, Spengler quickly threw out his ghost trap

While Y/N fought the demonic spirit, Spengler quickly threw out his ghost trap. Y/N was finally able to hold onto the tethered entity long enough to place it over the black box. Spengler hit the pedal and the trap doors opened. With a wine, Vinz Clortho was sucked down into the trap. 

Just as Egon was moving to pick up the trap, Y/N heard a monstrous howl above him. He looked up and saw the figure of Zuul flying towards him. It was sooner than they expected. Y/N had to buy Egon time. He fired his proton stream at the beast, he hit it just enough to knock it off its trajectory.

 He fired his proton stream at the beast, he hit it just enough to knock it off its trajectory

Just then, Y/N's proton stream hit the center of the storm clouds. It started pulling on him like a fishing line. He tried to fight it, but he was slowly being lifted up towards the glowing portal. Spengler was about to try and help his friend, but Y/N turned to him and yelled.

Y/N: Go! Finish the job!

Egon hesitated for a moment before turning back and running away with the loaded ghost trap. Y/N continued to be pulled into the gateway. He couldn't shut his stream off as it tugged on him. With one last jolt of energy, Y/N L/N was pulled through the interdimensional portal.