3.8 Home Again

Y/N was back home at his apartment in New York. He and Grace were having breakfast. Their son, Gary, was joining them. He was also moving back to New York and was staying with them until he could find a proper apartment. 

Grace walked over to the dining table carrying two plates of pancakes and bacon. Y/N smelled the delicious breakfast and grinned at his wife.

Y/N: I missed this. 

Grace: What? Egon wasn't the best chef?

Y/N: He'd somehow burn the milk if I wasn't watching him. I spent most mornings at the local diner. Besides, no one can beat your cooking.

Grace joined her husband and son at the table and helped herself to some of her cooking.

Gary: It's good to be back to normal again.

Y/N: Well, as normal as we can be. We are a family that specializes in busting ghosts after all.

Gary: Well ,if it wasn't for that, we may never have met.

Y/N: True. Say, how's your old man doing?

Grace nearly choked as she tried to hold back a chuckle.

Grace: All those years of expensive champagnes and rare meats finally caught up him. He needs a walker now and can barely get up the stairs. He spent nearly half his fortune on remedies only to find out they were all clickbait items from late night TV. He even had to sell off his collection to recoup his losses. 

Y/N: Oh man. I wish I could have seen the look on his face. I would have framed it above the mantle. 

They all continued to eat, enjoying being a family again. Gary eventually spoke up.

Gary: I heard Callie say they were going to try and move back to the city once they got their affairs in order.

Grace grinned at her son and nudged him on the shoulder.

Grace: You like her, don't you?

Gary: I mean, she's nice. She's pretty funny and I like her style. Plus, her kids are pretty fun as well. I just wish we could have had more of a proper date before dealing with ghosts.

Y/N: Son, your mother and I fell in love when I had to bust one of her ancestors summoned by a psychoreactive slime. We shared our first kiss after I had just defeated an evil tyrant in a painting and brought the Statue of Liberty to life. Trust me. You guys are more normal than you think.

Gary: I guess that's true. So you don't think it's weird? I mean... me dating your friend's daughter?

Y/N: It doesn't bother me at all. Then again, I did also save New York from a giant marshmallow man, so 'weird' may not really mean anything to me anymore. 

They all shared a nice laugh before Y/N looked down at his watch.

Y/N: Oh man, I've got to go.

Grace: You still meeting Winston?

Y/N: Yeah. I'm going to help him with some refurbishments and then we're going to get some lunch. I'll be back before the game starts this evening.

He was putting on his sweatshirt when Grace walked over to him. She kissed him on his way out the door. 

Grace: Have fun.

Y/N: You know I will. Thanks for breakfast.

Y/N left the apartment and headed out to meet his old friend. Grace smiled to herself at watching him leave. It was good to have her boys back with her.

Winston stepped into the old firehouse. Dust covered the floor and wooden planks were strewn about the place. He then turned around and opened the doors wider. He motioned for someone to come in.

Y/N was behind the wheel of Ecto-1 and drove it into the firehouse. It had just been repainted. Many of its old, rusted components had been replaced with new ones. It looked just like it did when Ray finished it up all those years ago.

 It looked just like it did when Ray finished it up all those years ago

Y/N parked the old hearse and stepped out. He looked over at the lockers that were still in the old firehouse. He specifically looked at one in particular. Spengler. Right next to it was another locker with another name. L/N. He smiled to himself as Winston walked over to him.

Winston: It's good to see the old girl back home.

Y/N: Yeah. I can't see it anywhere else. She belongs in New York.

The two walked over to a large item covered by a brown tarp. They pulled the tarp off to reveal their old sign. Y/N smiled at seeing the iconic 'no ghost' logo. He remembered when he first designed it. He felt so proud of his final product.

Winston: You ready to do this?

Y/N: Yep. Let's get to work.