3.6 The Band's Back Together

Y/N and the kids ran out of cellar doors and towards the car. Y/N quickly stopped and ran over to the silos.

Y/N: You guys get the gear. I need to repair the capacitors as best as I can.

Podcast: Will it work?

Y/N: There's no guarantee, but I need to fix it if we are to stand any chance.

The others got into the car and drove to the police station to retrieve Ecto-1. Y/N continued working on the silos. Many of the wires were fried and it was hard to find replacement parts with what they had in the cellar. 

Summerville was in a panic. Orbs of pink energy flew from the mountain and into town. The road began to crack as fire leaped from within the Earth.

Ghosts began to manifest and scare the townsfolk. In a diner, a coal miner had been brought back from the dead looking like a grizzly corpse. A Class V vapor shot out the large eyeball attached to its head. It looked around, scaring people on the streets. One poor man was being chased by a wisp that had literal fire for hair. 

Inside the mountain, the storm continued to its full potential

Inside the mountain, the storm continued to its full potential. The key master and gatekeeper had just finished the required ritual. With a tether now established to this world, the hand of Gozer reached out from the portal gateway in the death pit. It pulled itself up as the spirits were now able to hold its form.

The spirit of Ivo Shandor returned to its mortal body, destroying the glass coffin in the process. The old man, now restored to life, got up from his resting place. He walked over to the pit to behold his lord.

Shandor: Your eminence, goddess of gods, I have built this temple for you so that you might return to Earth and together we can rule the world-

He was cut short when Gozer grabbed a hold of the sides of his head. The demonic lord proceeded to tear Shandor in half with her bare hands. She continued to walk through the temple doorway and took her place on her throne. She was accompanied by Zuul and Vinz Clortho who had now taken on their terror dog forms.