1.7 Out of Business

Y/N was with Egon working on the Mark II ghost trap. Ray and Winston had gone out for the night to answer a few calls. Peter was out on a date with Dana. Honestly, Y/N couldn't believe Pete. This was their first customer and he was honestly out on a date with her. Then again, this was Peter. If anyone could woo a girl, it was him, eventually. 

Y/N: What are you fixing again?

Egon: I'm trying to bypass the initial vortex igniter. It would be a lot simpler to open the trap on a singular usage instead of the multi-step format we currently use.

Y/N: So, you're basically making it so we have to hit the pedal only once instead of twice?

Egon: Right.

Y/N liked spending time with Egon in the lab. Despite only knowing the basics of electrical engineering, he felt like the older man was really teaching him more about advanced engineering and particle physics than what the university could ever offer. Plus, Spengler was a pretty fun guy to be around, once you got to know him. The two liked discussing their theories with the paranormal and how psychokinetic energy affects the environment. Egon had even asked Y/N for advice about a girl he was seeing. Y/N didn't know Egon was even seeing someone, but was happy for his friend.

The two continued working when Janine walked in on them.

Janine: Egon, there's an officer at the door. He says they're here to drop something off.

Egon: Okay, I'll be right there. 

Spengler walked downstairs as Y/N continued working on the calculations needed for the improved trap. He soon looked over at the PKE meter laying on the desk. The arms started to slowly extend. Y/N picked it up before the arms fully extended and the lights on the screen began flickering rapidly. 

Y/N heard footsteps behind him and turned around to see Egon leading a small man up the stairway. He had disheveled hair and a crooked grin. The man walked with a hunch and his face looked like that of a curious child.

Man: Are you the gatekeeper?

Y/N: Egon, what did you bring into our house?

Egon: I'm not quite sure, but I think you may want to come help me with him.

The two led the man over to the lab. Egon put a metal collider with wires on onto the man's head. Y/N turned on the aura-video analyzer it was hooked up to and adjusted the screen. He looked at it with a puzzled look before settling on what he was seeing as real. It looked like a dog's head with horns. Its head turned in sync with the man's own.

Egon: What did you say your name was?

Man: Vinz Clortho, key master of Gozer. 

Janine: According to this, his name's Louis Tully. He lives on Central Park West.

Janine read from the man's ID and handed it to Egon. Y/N took note of the address she said. It was the same location as Miss Barrett's apartment building.

Janine: Do you want some coffee Mr. Tully?

Vinz: Do I?

Egon: Yes. Have some.

Vinz: Yes. Have some.

Egon: Vinz, you said before you were waiting for a sign. What sign are you waiting for?

Vinz: Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the prechosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveler came as a large and moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Moketrik supplements, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what is was to be roasted in the depths of a Sloar that day, I could tell you.