1.9 Gozer the Traveler

The National Guard was brought in to escort the Ghostbusters to Central Park West. Trucks and soldiers lined the streets, covering the men. All five members hopped into the Ecto-1 and revved the engine. 

Peter: Come on! Let's run some red lights!

The caravan started as Ecto-1's sirens turned on. They turned down the street and headed towards the tall building. The sky was becoming dark as clouds began to form above the building. On the ground, people were holding signs declaring this to be 'The End Times'. Priests and rabbis were hosting prayers and hymns. The crowd was blocked from getting close to the building via police barricades. 

The crowd suddenly started shouting as they saw police cruisers leading the Ecto-1 down the street. The vehicle stopped in front of the building and out stepped the Ghostbusters. Peter and Ray began working the crowd while Y/N, Egon, and Winston immediately went to the back of the hearse to get their gear. Winston had just helped Y/N put his proton pack on and was now helping Egon when Venkman walked over.

Peter: Alright, whatever happens, let's be professional.

Winston: Let's get smart. Let's hop on a plane right now and go to Australia or Indonesia until this all blows over.

Peter: You know, you can have a bright future with this company. Except for that attitude. I was just this moment considering you for a major promotion within the company and now I don't know.

Y/N: Come on boys. Let's fry this Sumerian sucker so we can go grab a slice. 

Winston: Right. 

The five men walked past the vehicle and went up to the front doors of the building. They all looked up to see the tall tower in front of them. Lightning started to shoot from the rooftop as the clouds became a sickly purple hue. The wind kicked up as parts of the exterior began to crumble.

Ray: We may be clocking in a little over time on this one.

The ground soon began to crumble as if a massive earthquake erupted from the streets. The pavement began to shoot up and point towards the sky. Y/N tried to keep his balance, but soon fell with the other guys as the street beneath them collapsed. They fell down into a hole and the ground continued to shake. 

Soon, it all stopped, just as suddenly as it began. The crowd looked on, trying to find their needed heroes. One person saw a gloved hand reaching out of the ground as Ray slowly emerged from the hole.

Citizen: There they are!

The crowd began to cheer again as the five Ghostbusters pulled themselves from the ruble.

Ray: Now we were prepared for that!

Y/N: Yeah, sure.

Peter: It's alright. Don't worry. We're fine. We can take it. Do we want to play rough?

The crowd started to shout "Ghostbusters" as the five men decided to lock their hands together in a group huddle. They separated like a football team and jogged into the building. 

The Ghostbusters made their way to the elevator. Winston hit the call button, but got no response. The lights indicating the floor number soon flickered out. Y/N looked over to the side and saw the stairwell door. Guess they would have to do this the old fashioned way.

Y/N: Follow me.

The young man led the charge as the team jogged up the stairs. After a few flights, they all started to get winded. Even Y/N could barely keep up the momentum. The hundred pounds on his back probably wasn't helping either. They eventually came to a stop for a short break in order to catch their breath.