2.4 Back in Business

The phone began to ring. Janine Melnitz walked over to her desk and picked up.

Janine: Hello, Ghostbusters... Yes, we're back.

Ray walked over with a box full of the new uniforms Y/N had ordered. They decided on a pair of lighter beige overalls as well as another pair of navy blue overalls. He placed the box down by the lockers and walked over to see Y/N at his desk. The young man was designing the new logo.

Ray: What's with the two fingers?

Y/N: It's supposed to be a sign of peace.

He held up his fingers in a V shape to demonstrate.

Ray: Don't you think the old design would have sufficed? 

Y/N: Yeah, but Venkman insists on a new design. Says we have to appeal to the new market with a fresh look. 

The new sign with the new logo design hung above the firehouse as the Ecto-1 pulled out. It had been redesigned to the Ecto-1a and was fitted with new lights, a large dish, a larger roof rack, and a new paint job. Winston looked down at the clipboard next to him and smiled to himself. A full day's work.

 A full day's work

Ray, Egon, and Y/N were knelt down on a stairway near Rockefeller Center. Ray was scooping a spoonful of the pink slime found at the scene into a jar Egon was holding. The three men all shook their heads.

Y/N: That's the fourth report in the past 48 hours. What is this stuff?

Egon: Residual components of an ectoplasmic entity. I think the better question is, what does it do?

Y/N: Thanks Egon.

In Central Park, a group of joggers were running a marathon. However, something was different about one of the joggers. He was transparent and running through some of the other joggers. He put his fingers to his neck to check a pulse that wasn't there. 

Down the way, Ray was watching the spirit move with the paragoggles. Peter was sitting on a park bench, reading this morning's paper. The ghost began to run past the two. Ray signaled Peter who hit the trap pedal under his foot. The ghost trap buried in the ground opened up as the spirit was caught in the tractor beam. It was sucked in and the trap doors shut.