2.6 Vigo 101

Y/N, Egon, and Ray were in the small research lab in the firehouse. Ray was wearing a cap with several wires and nodes attached to it. He and Y/N were testing out the effects of positive energy on a jar of mood slime. Egon was busy working on the nozzle for the new slime blower device. 

Y/N was writing down the readings when the phone rang. Ray walked over to answer it. It was Peter on the other end. Y/N could hear Ray's reactions from what Venkman was telling him. He noted the bubbles that appeared in the slime with Ray's exclamations.

Ray: What?! Are you serious? Well that's great! Oh, I mean that's terrible. But it's great for what we would... Yeah I will. Yeah, sure. We'll get right on it.

Stantz hung up the phone and addressed his colleagues.

Ray: Spengler, L/N. Major psychokinetic slime related event.

Egon: What happened?

Ray: Something came out of Dana's bathtub and tried to grab her and the baby.

Egon: Are they alright?

Ray: Well, she got out of there and went over to Venkman's. 

Y/N: I wonder...

Y/N walked over to the computer on the other side of the room.

Y/N: You guys remember the painting Venkman mentioned? The one Dana had a feeling about? I did some digging. Ran the name Vigo the Carpathian through the Occult Reference Manual. Check this out. 

He pulled up the entry on Vigo on the screen. It did not look pretty. It mentioned that he was a bloodthirsty conqueror who dealt with the occult and supernatural. 

Ray: Ooh. Nice ugly history. You think there's a connection between this Vigo character and the... slime?

Egon: Is the atomic wave of cobalt 58.9?

Y/N: I'll take it it is.

The three men immediately started taking off their lab coats and putting on their jackets. Ray grabbed a PKE meter and Egon grabbed the gigameter. 

Ray: We've got to get over to Dana's apartment. I'd like to check out that bathtub.

Egon: It might be a good idea to go to the museum in the morning. 

Y/N: Good idea. I'd like to know who exactly we're up against.

The guys spent the evening at Dana's apartment. There was no trace of an attack anywhere. All they could find was a bit of pink slime around the rings of the bathtub. With little leads, they decided to check out the Museum of Art the next morning. 

Ecto-1a pulled up in front of the museum the next morning. Peter was standing there waiting for the guys. The other four hopped out of the vehicle. They went to the back and started unloading their equipment. 

Peter: Did you find anything at Dana's?

Ray: Nothing but some mood slime residue around the bathtub. But we did get something on that Vigo character you mentioned. Found it in Leon Zundinger's Magicians, Martyrs, and Madman. Dig that.

Egon: Yeah, Vigo the Carpathian, born in 1505 and died in 1610.

Peter: 105 years old. He hung in there didn't he?

Y/N: He didn't die of old age either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn, and quartered. 

Peter: Ouch.