1.8 Mass Hysteria

New York City was in a panic. The freed ghosts decided to make the town their playground. An angry poltergeist flew out of the subway. The slimer from the Sedgewick decided to take up residents in a hot dog cart. A skeletal taxi driver was on a joyride through Times Square.

While all of this was happening, Vinz Clortho continued walking through the city streets. He paid no attention to the chaos unfolding around him. For him, there was only one place to go, and only one person he needed to see. 

Across town, the Ghostbusters were locked up in the county jail. Winston tried to plead with the guard.

Winston: Hey guard, I want to make a phone call. I just work for these guys. I wasn't even there. 

The others were gathered around a table in the middle of the room. Ray laid out the blueprints of 550 Central Park West. They were discussing the purpose of the building and its odd design features.

Egon: The structure of this roof cap is exactly like the kind of telemetry trackers NASA uses to identify dead pulsars in deep space. 

Ray: Cold riveted, steel girders with cores of pure selenium. 

Venkman looked around them and noticed that the other inmates in the cell began to listen to what the men were saying. 

Imagine Y/N is on the other side of the table close to Ray

Peter: Everybody getting this so far? So what? I guess they just don't make them like they used to, huh? 

Stantz smacked him upside the head as if the answer were obvious. 

Ray: No! Nobody ever made them like this! I mean the architect was either a certified genius or a pathetic wacko. 

Peter: Ray, for a moment, pretend that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the hell is going on. 

Ray: You never studied. The whole building is a huge, superconductive antennae that was designed and built expressly for the purpose of pulling in and concentrating spiritual turbulence. Your girlfriend lives in the corner penthouse of Spook Central. 

Peter: She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and because she sleeps above her covers. Four feet above her covers. She barks. She drools. She claws-

Y/N: It's not the girl, Peter. It's the building. Something terrible is about to enter our world and this building is obviously the door. We're talking about an apocalypse the likes of which the world has never seen. Whoever built this thing clearly wanted it to last a long time. It's been gathering spiritual energy for decades. And with the energy released from the containment grid, the gateway may very well be close to opening.