3.3 The Other Side

Y/N woke up with his face on the ground. He was lying flat on his stomach.  He had no idea how long he'd been out. The last thing he remembered was being lifted into the air followed by a bright flash of light.

Y/N picked himself up and checked himself. He had only a few minor bruises. He checked to find he was still wearing his proton pack. The indicator lights on the wand showed no serious damage to the device. 

Y/N looked around, taking in his new surroundings. He was astonished by what he saw before him. The whole place appeared to be a twisted town. The buildings looked like the ones from Summerville, only some appeared to take on a more gothic appearance. Some stood as tall as the buildings in New York.

Y/N: I don't believe it.

The buildings themselves appeared to be falling apart, only the broken off pieces never fell and just floated separately from the rest of the infrastructure. All around him, the sky and even ground took on an orange, pink appearance as if the buildings were just floating in an endless void. Broken pathways and bridges connected the different buildings, but they often shifted between locations. 

With no other alternative, Y/N decided to explore the path in front of him. He could feel the concrete shifting beneath him as if it were a platform floating on water. After a few moments, he stopped to examine the architecture.

The buildings had large, screaming faces with some kind of liquid pouring out from them. The doorways took on the appearance of large skulls. There appeared to be strange dots floating between the buildings. 

Looking closer, he saw that the lights had limbs and large mouths. They were all ghosts! Some took on a more ghoulish appearance. Others appeared to be cultists dressed in flowing robes.

 Others appeared to be cultists dressed in flowing robes

Y/N: Holy shit. All of our theories about a potentially limitless afterlife. All our concepts about a ghost world of some sort... they're all true! Egon, if only you could see this right now. 

Y/N continued to look on in amazement at all the different inhabitants of this realm. He felt something nudge his shoulder and fly off quickly. He was about to turn and see what it was when he heard a high pitched screeching sound approaching him. He ducked as an oncoming swarm of bats flew over his head. He looked up and smiled when he saw just what the bats were. They were all books! Their cover binds were being used as wings. 

He stood back up when the swarm passed over him. He continued to look around the void that surrounded him. However, Y/N's amazement was cut short when he heard something roar behind him. He turned around and saw three blue and purple ghosts flying towards him. They had fearsome glares and claw like fingers.

There were too many to fight head on. Beside, Y/N didn't have his ghost trap with him. He decided to turn around and run. He was not in his own world anymore. They had the homefield advantage.

Y/N ran across the floating platforms. They swayed under his weight with each step. The ghosts were getting closer to Y/N. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a small corridor that led to a large door. He quickly turned and ran towards it. He heaved open the heavy door and quickly shut it behind him just in time. Some of the ghosts flew past him while one noticed his trick and tried to chase him. It hit its head on the door as Y/N closed it.