1.3 We Got One!

Y/N picked up his order and began walking back to the firehouse. It had been a few days since Peter checked out Miss Barrett's apartment and found nothing. They hadn't had time to look into the building just yet as they were finalizing their equipment. However they needed something soon. They were running out of funds and Y/N had just used the last of their interest money on take out. He walked into the firehouse as Janine Melnitz, their secretary, was putting on her sweater. She was just getting ready to leave for the night. Y/N walked by her desk on his way to the stairs.

Y/N: Have we had any calls yet?

Janine: As I've said for the past two weeks, no.

Y/N looked at the secretary. He could understand why she was so irritable. He was ready for some business as well, but he at least had the work around the firehouse to keep him occupied. He couldn't imagine being stuck behind a desk for several hours with no calls for two whole weeks. Although Janine was the best they could hire, he still wished they could have found someone a bit more cheery. 

Y/N: Alright. Just keep me posted then. 

He walked up the stairwell to the second floor. He plopped the takeout bag on the table where Egon was putting together a particle thrower. Ray came by and opened up bag to get his noodles.

Y/N: Eat up boys. I guess we're all on a college budget now. 

The three men began eating their food as Peter walked in. He sat down at the table and began eating his food. He then held up his glass.

Peter: To our first customer.

Ray: To our first and only customer.

Y/N: God pray there be more.

They all clinked their glasses together before continuing to eat.

Peter: Yeah, well, I'm gonna need to draw some petty cash, take her out to dinner. We don't want to lose her.

Y/N and Ray looked at him.

Ray: Um, this magnificent feast here represents the last of the petty cash.

Y/N: Yeah. If you want to take her out to dinner, I'd make it a Big Mac.

He smiled at his colleague before shoving an eggroll in his mouth. 

Peter: Slow down. Chew your food. 

Downstairs, Janine was answering the phone. She hesitated picking it up as she was about to leave. However, she took it anyway. If it was another salesman, the guys could deal with him. 

Janine: Hello, Ghostbusters...

?: Are you guys serious about this?

Janine: Yes, of course they're serious.

?: Oh good. I am J.M. Shupp, the manager of the Sedgewick Hotel. I wish to contract for your services...

Janine: You do?

Manager: I... we... have this... ghost...

Janine: You have? No kidding!

Manager: Yes, and it's becoming quite the nuisance.

Janine: Yes. Well just give me the address.

She began quickly scribbling the address the man on the other end was giving her. This was it. Their first real call. The guys weren't kidding. They were actually going to catch a real ghost.