3.7 The Return

Ecto-1 screeched around the corner and quickly drove up the driveway. It crashed through the metal signs put up near the entrance. Trevor quickly swerved and hit the brakes, parking in front of the old farmhouse.

Phoebe and Callie ran out of the back of the hearse. Phoebe held the trap with Zuul inside it. Trevor stepped out and made his way to the gunner seat. He got inside where he and Podcast waited for the signal.

Phoebe and Callie walked up to the porch of the farmhouse. The storm had followed them from the mountain and was beginning to form above their heads. Phoebe looked out towards the field in front of them.

The barley brush moved as the disembodied figure of Gozer stepped into view. With only one of its minions available, it was having a hard time holding onto its form. The spirits within it were pulling and tugging as it tried to maintain shape. 

Phoebe noticed the god and stepped in front of the porch. She held up the ghost trap, taunting it into stepping closer. The figure hobbled through the open dirt field.

When it was about halfway across the field, Phoebe told her mom to flip the lever. Callie pulled up the large knife switch and the silo generators turned on. Sparkes flew between the capacitors as the traps beneath the Earth turned on. Gozer was momentarily distracted by the sparks. 

On cue, Lucky kicked open the front door to the farmhouse. She was wearing Spengler's old proton pack. She flicked it on and fired a proton stream at Gozer. The god was wrapped up in the capture stream of the device. 

The side door to Ecto-1 flung open as Trevor activated the gunner seat

The side door to Ecto-1 flung open as Trevor activated the gunner seat. He pointed his particle thrower at Gozer, intending to add to the capture stream. He pressed the ignition button, but was only met with a few sparks from the nozzle. He tried again, only to be met with nothing. 

Podcast: Come on! What are you waiting for!

Trevor: I'm waiting for this thing to work! It's not working!

Podcast began trying to fiddle with the control panel inside the car. Trevor heard an odd cuing sound from behind him. It sounded like a little baby. He looked back and was shocked to see miniature marshmallow men with sailor hats tearing apart the pack. They were chewing on the wires and causing the system to lose power.