2.2 Friends Over Coffee

A few days had passed since Winston visited Y/N's apartment. Y/N had just got off a bus after spending the Thanksgiving holidays with his parents. Now, he was rushing to get to the Museum of Natural History. A wealthy collector of sorts was hosting an exhibit at the museum. Y/N had signed on to market and promote the upcoming exhibit. However, nothing he turned in satisfied the businessman.

To be truthful, Y/N didn't really like the businessman either. He was snooty and uptight, not unlike one of those executives you find on Wall Street. The man always had a professional sounding attitude, but Y/N could tell by his mispronunciations that we knew very little about what all he collected. He was just another wealthy entrepreneur buying antiques simply because he had the money.

Y/N jogged into the museum with his bag full of designs wrapped over his shoulder. He quickly made his way through the museum to the exhibit's location. He held up different sketches he drew, comparing what may look good against the antique items. He was caught off guard by someone calling his name.

Businessman: L/N, I didn't think you'd show up today.

Y/N: Sorry Mr. Wellesly. My bus ran late. 

Christopher McDonald as Ralph Wellesly

Wellesly: Does that explain your crude attire as well? Mr. L/N, please step into my office.

The businessman lead Y/N into his large, temporary office. Y/N had a feeling he knew where this was going. He handed Mr. Wellesly the files he had been working on. Each contained a new design and a reasoning for each design detail. The man looked at each one carefully before responding.

Wellesly: I'm going to be honest with you Mr. L/N. These are all shit.

Y/N: Well sir, I tried to go for a more gothic style mixed with a purple hue to highlight the exhibit's nature.

Wellesly looked at the man for a moment before responding.

Wellesly: Wow, that... literally means nothing to me. I don't care what looks good with the exhibit. I want flashy lights, something that makes it clear I own these artifacts and am generously donating them to the museum. 

Y/N: (muttering) So generous of you to do a temporary 'donation' in your name. 

Wellesly: I'm sorry Mr. L/N. You have repeatedly given me crap design after crap design. I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you go.

Y/N: But sir, I-

Wellesly: No buts. Why don't you put yours somewhere it may be more appreciated. McDonalds may be nice. 

He slammed the door as Y/N walked out of his office. Fine! If this man couldn't see what he was really presenting, then he wasn't going to waste his time on him. Y/N began to walk back down the hall. He was lost in his train of thought and accidentally bumped into a woman's shoulder. She dropped her purse and the contents spilled out. Y/N quickly bent down to help the lady with the mess.