3.5 Legacy

Y/N got into the car with the kids and drove them towards the old farmhouse. He had just finished talking with Phoebe about the events that occurred while he was gone. Now, he was determined to finish off Gozer before anyone else got hurt.

Y/N drove the car through town. Lucky sat in the passenger seat beside him while the other three sat in the back. A storm cyclone began to appear above the mountain behind them. Y/N looked at the kids in the rear view mirror. He noticed Podcast was wearing something around his neck.

Y/N: What is that you're wearing?

Podcast: Aztec death whistle. It's supposed to ward off evil spirits.

Y/N: It was a gift from my wife.

Podcast: Oh. You want it back?

Y/N: No, keep it kid. It was a joke gift anyway. It doesn't really do anything besides make an obnoxious noise.

Lucky: Old man still gets gifts from his wife. That's sweet.

Y/N: Old? Kid, I'm only just past the point where I should be having a midlife crisis. 

Lucky: So why did you leave her?

Y/N: Cause I've been living the crisis. 

The car pulled up to the old farmhouse once owned by Egon

The car pulled up to the old farmhouse once owned by Egon. Y/N got out and looked at the old place. It was just as dirty and rundown as when he last saw it. That was only a day ago from his point of view. He then looked over at the silos. He noticed their scorched wires and busted electrical frame.

Y/N: You kids head in. I need to check on something first.

The kids ran into the house. Phoebe tried calling for her mom.

Phoebe: Mom!

She didn't have to call far. Callie was sitting in the chair in the middle of the living room. However, something was off. She was breathing quickly, almost like a dog panting. Her eyes glowed a dull red color. She was mumbling to herself.

Phoebe: Mom? Mom, are you okay?

Phoebe and Podcast slowly approached her. She stopped panting and turned her head to look at them. She spoke in a deep, gravely voice. 

Callie: There is no mom. There is only Zuul.

Trevor: What's happening right now?

Phoebe: Mom?

Trevor: Is she okay? Mom?

He looked over and noticed the PKE meter on the table started to extend its arms. The lights began blinking rapidly. Phoebe and Podcast got closer to Callie. Suddenly, she growled and reached her hand out to the younger boy.