ㅤㅤ⇆. 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝

As any textbook will tell you, psychology is composed of two Greek words: Psyche, meaning soul, and Logos, meaning study. This quite plainly implies that Psychology can be defined as the study of the soul or the 'mind', a term which used to be a taboo in the subject for several years, but let's not just dwell upon that fact yet. However, this mere definition can't encompass the plethora of pedagogies incorporated into the subject.

Hence, psychology may be formally defined as the science which deals with mental processes, experiences, and behaviours. Now, we will discuss these three elements in detail.

𝟏. 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬:
Mental processes refer to the myriad of processes that take place in our mind. The mechanisms involved with receiving, processing, and executing stimuli are appended to this element. All brain activities exemplify mental processes. Every time we try to think our way out of a problem, our brain activities may be observed and monitored by the means of brain imaging. As stated, brain (neural) activities and mental processes are highly interdependent and mutually overlapping aspects, but they are not identical, just like the brain and the mind are interrelated aspects but not the same thing. The brain has a fixed location in our body but the mind does not. The mind is nothing but a collection of our experiences and interactions which are dynamically organised to form a system from which all mental processes emanate.

𝟐. 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬:
Experience generally refers to conscious events, including our interactions, perceptions, and the knowledge acquired from the event. Unlike mental processes, experiences cannot be observed and monitored, as these are vastly subjective in nature. These experiences fringe aspects of intellect, consciousness, thought, perception, memory, emotion, will, and imagination. They are shaped by a person's characteristics, such as their personality, cognition, emotions, and biology.

𝟑. 𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬:
Behaviour is simply the responses or reactions we make when subject to various stimuli. Behaviours are primarily of two types: Overt and Covert. Behaviour that is exhibited externally and can be perceived by observers is known as Overt Behaviour. It includes almost all our physical actions, such as walking, running, shaking hands with a friend, etc. Behaviour that is not exhibited outwardly but is internal is known as Covert Behavior. For instance, all your imaginations and thoughts are considered to be covert behaviour. Behavioural psychology specifically focuses on studying and analysing observable behaviour, and it explores the connection between the mind and behaviour.

Though this discussion may suffice to give us a brief overview of what psychology mainly deals with, the elements discussed have been considered on a rather broad basis and can never suffice to explain the profusion of concerns inclusive in this subject that lies on the brink of fusion of natural and social science. Psychology is an essential subject that enables us to interpret and comprehend the human 'mind', human behaviour, and mental processes, which can be valuable for personal development, improving relationships, and optimising overall well-being. This field offers insights into our human experiences, helps us connect with others, and can enlighten us about the difference between a life well-lived and a life of challenges.

 This field offers insights into our human experiences, helps us connect with others, and can enlighten us about the difference between a life well-lived and a life of challenges