ㅤㅤ⇆ . 𝐙𝐞𝐮𝐬 | 𝐒𝐤𝐲

𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞: Zeus
𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: God of the Sky, Weather, Law and Order, Destiny and Fate
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬: Cronus (Time) and Rhea (Fertility)

𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧:
Zeus's name comes from the Latin word "deus", which means "god", and the Slavic word "dyeu", which means "to shine (sky, heaven, god)". The origins of his name, and that of the other ancient gods he is associated with, all centre around the sky and daytime.

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧:
Zeus sired many children, both with goddesses, and mortal women. To break it down would be too long, so I shall try my best to summarise the lengthy tale of Zeus' progeny. With Hera, his wife and sister, he sired three children: Ares (War), Hebe (Youth), and Eileithyia (Childbirth).

And with his other divine consorts which included Demeter, another sister of his, with whom he had Persophene (Nature); Métis, his cousin, who bore him Athena (Wisdom); Leto, the mother of Apollo (Sun) and Artemis (Moon), the twins; Maia, the mother of Hermes (Travellers); Dione, his aunt, the mother of Aphrodite (Beauty); Themis, the mother of the Moirai (Fates), and the Horai (Seasons); Mnemosyne, the mother of the Mousai (Muses); and finally, his descendant, Semele, the mother of Dionysus (Wine).

With mortal women, he sired innumerable mortal kings and heroes; most notable of which were Perseus, Heracles, and Helen of Troy.

However, this number is far less than the total number of offspring Zeus conceived, both immortal and mortal. And thus serves as a testimony of Zeus' rakish behaviour.

𝐒𝐲𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐬:
The symbols attributed to Zeus include the thunderbolt, the eagle, and the bull or bull horns

𝐌𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐬:
Zeus appears in a number of myths; the war of the titans, the war of the giants, the battle with Typhoeus, and stories of his affairs. One popular myth is his birth which led to the war of the titans.

Cronus, king of the Titans, upon learning that one of his children was fated to dethrone him, swallowed his children as soon as they were born. But Rhea, his wife, saved the infant Zeus by substituting a stone wrapped in swaddling clothes for Cronus to swallow and hid Zeus in a cave on Crete. The young god was nursed by the nymph Amalthaea, and guarded by the Curetes (young warriors), who disguised the baby's cries through clashing their weapons. After Zeus grew to manhood, he led a revolt against the Titans and succeeded in dethroning Cronus.