ㅤㅤ⇆. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭

Earth Science is the study of the Earth and its neighbours in space. It is an exciting science with many interesting and practical applications. Some Earth scientists use their knowledge of the Earth to locate and develop energy and mineral resources. Others study the impact of human activity on Earth's environment, and design methods to protect the planet.

Many different sciences are used to learn about the earth, however, the four basic areas of Earth science study are geology, meteorology, oceanography, and astronomy.

Geology is the primary Earth science. The word means "study of the Earth". Geology deals with the composition of Earth materials, Earth structures, and Earth processes.

Meteorology is the study of the atmosphere and how processes in the atmosphere determine Earth's weather and climate. Meteorology is a very practical science because everyone is concerned about the weather. How climate changes over time in response to the actions of people is a topic of urgent worldwide concern. The study of meteorology is of critical concern for protecting Earth's environment

Oceanography is the study of Earth's oceans - their composition, movement, organisms, and processes. The oceans cover most of our planet and are important resources for food and other commodities.

Astronomy is the study of the universe. Here are some examples of why studying space beyond Earth is important: the moon drives the ocean's tidal system, asteroid impacts have repeatedly devastated Earth's inhabitants, and energy from the sun drives our weather and climates.