ㅤㅤ⇆ . 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬 | 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝐍𝐚𝐦e: Artemis
𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: Goddess of the Hunt, the Moon, Chastity, Childbirth, and Nature
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭s: Zeus and Leto

𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧:
The name "Artemis" is believed by Plato to be related to her virginity and the Ancient Greek word for "unharmed" or "pure".

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧:
None

𝐒𝐲𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐬:
Stag, doe, hunting dogs, quiver with arrows and a bow, crescent moon crown

𝐌𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐬:
Angered by her husband's infidelity, Hera hunted Leto over the whole planet and forbade her to give birth anywhere on solid earth. However, Leto got to the island of Delos and gave birth to Artemis while balancing herself on an olive branch.

When Hera heard this, she prohibited her daughter Eileithyia, the goddess of childbirth, from further helping Leto. This postponed the birth of Apollo for nine days. And who knows how much more time it would have passed if the baby Artemis hadn't miraculously learned the art of midwifery and helped Leto finally deliver her brother.

Artemis and Apollo were very protective of their mother. When Niobe - a mother of six boys and as many girls - boasted that while Leto gave birth to two gods, she delivered a whole Olympus, Apollo and Artemis killed all her children. Apollo took care of the male offspring and Artemis of Niobe's daughters. On another occasion, Tityus tried to rape Leto. Naturally, he was killed by Apollo and Artemis's arrows.