8

Siya's POV

All the thoughts going out of my brain , I felt extreme peace as my eyes closed on their own.
Gradually all the peace was stolen from me as someone shook me.

I saw Arjun from my half closed eyes.

"Chachi has came. She is calling you outside." He said.

Realisation dawned on me how I slept as I got relaxed laying on the bed.
He shifted aside as I stood up, giving me way.

Coming out of the room with Arjun following me , I went near his Chachi. One thing I could conclude from how she behaved with me during my wedding was that she is a good soul , who wishes good for everyone and maintains peace over everywhere.

She was sitting wearing light coloured clothes with Maa on the sofa. She never fancies clothes now .She lost her husband after some 10 years of their marriage. Her husband was the saviour of nation fighting many on the borders.

She smiled towards us blessing us as we bend towards her feet.

"So beautiful!" She exclaimed.

"Why didn't you take her somewhere on the new year. You wasted a moment to celebrate being here." She said smacking Arjun's head.

Maa glared at her.
Why is she behaving like this. I remember how my Mumma gets excited just by the thought of having a daughter-in-law. She always talks to us about how she will always keep decorating her as a doll and she will get a companion in all the festivals.

After a quick greetings, I entered in the kitchen to find Inayat heating the left Aloo ka paratha .

"You wanted something to eat then you could have told me." I said taking the spatula from her hands.

"No, that was so tasty so I was searching for it." I giggled.
"Kunal came first so I snatched it from him." She said.

"You should have told me to make some more. Now he would be hungry." I got worried for Kunal. He works out a lot. Seeing the empty proteins bottle in our room, I understood that he is a gym freak.

"Make some tea for me too." Kunal said coming inside the kitchen.
I added more milk in the container with some tea leaves and sugar.

"Siya" Arjun called.
Coming inside the room, I saw him doing something on his phone.

"What?" I asked.
"We are going somewhere . Get ready fast."

"But Chachi has just came . I have to make something good for her and then..."
"Chaaaiii" I realised and ran towards the kitchen.
And Whooosshhhh! It was flooding down the container, filled into the spaces between the tiles on the floor , going beneath the cylinder and it continued.
Shit!
Maa came inside with Chachi just then.
"Is this how tea is made? Kaam aata nai hai bas ulta jawab delo!" I heard her murtering.

"Now move aside. I have to clean it. Go and do your own work." She said angrily.

Why is it going like this?
Tears flowed down on my cheeks. I tried to take the cleaning cloth from her hand but she didn't gave me.

(I know this is non-fictional thing to happen, but this is what happens in the reality. )

Already destroying my self respect a lot, I passed through hallways towards my room.

"Kya hua?" I heard him asking as I walked past the gate towards the bed and sat there with a frowning face .

"Come on tell me, what happened?" I sensed him sitting beside me on the bed. He kept his hand on my elbow.

"Siya" I heard Chachi standing at the doorway of our room. I stood up swatting his hand off me.

"Siya beta! It happens sometime. Getting married comes with this. You shouldn't have came inside like this. It will just make her displeased. Come on go and ask for her forgiveness." She explained me.

"But I didn't did anything wrong for her to behave like this for days." I said looking towards Arjun, who was still trying to get to know what happened.

"I really am not able to understand on what to do. Just forget this topic and go on and ask her to forgive you. Maybe it can bloom your relation with your mother-in-law. You think about it, okay? You are mature enough to think as per the situations." Saying this she walked out, leaving me with my whining husband who just wants to know 'what happened '.

My mood was off the second time during the day. Now I want to get out of it as soon as possible . Chachi's words didn't helped my condition either.

"Where did you wanted us to go?" I asked to Arjun.

"My friend's house. But first tell what happened?" He whined again bringing me back to the memories of his Mom.

"Your mom happened." I yelled pissed off too much for the day.

"I knew it." He groaned.
"We will take care of it after coming back. Now I just want you to be ready for the party at my friend's house. "

"No, Kunal said me not to go anywhere . He wants everyone to olay something on the terrace. " I said.

"It will be too boring, even Dad and Mom will be here."

"But then Kunal will be alone here. He is already too heartbroken as he didn't got to go to his friend. Another reason, your mom will not let us go too."

"Mom is denying for the club. Its just my friend's house. Mom knows him and I have asked to Dad too . "

"Okay but can Kunal and Inayat come with us?"

"Offcourse, they can't. But looking at you, I don't think you are going to step out of the house without them." He said.

"Come on your siblings are sweetheart."

"What are you going to wear?" He asked as I fumbled with the clothes in my bag.
"What should I?" I asked.
He took the bag from me. He checked out on all the sarees and later looked at me .
Maybe he pitied me now.

"Who gave you this many old-fashioned sarees?" He asked.

"They were all your relatives." I pointed out. I cleared his throat getting embarrassed.

"Come on, some were good too, the ones you wore in the last month." He defended himself.

"That were mine." I said embarassing him some more.

"We are buying clothes for you the first thing after going to Pune. Don't get sad. You wear the black one you wore when we went to my colleague's reception. You looked so good that all the ladies went jealous over you."

"Don't remind me that. One of a lady put her heels on my leg stealthily and then exclaimed a 'sorry' after I looked at her."

"This happened?" He asked.

"Yeah, I didn't said anything as she was your senior, Sumit's wife."

"That Sumit's wife . You know he acts in whole office as if he got a diamond like wife. 'Meri biwi kitna accha pakati hai , sulati hai , kaam karti hai ' " he mimicked.

I laughed at his failed attempt.

"You go and tell Kunal and Inayat to get ready. " I said and he went out of the room.

I saw Arjun sitting at the edge of the bed the moment I came out from the bathroom in this black net saree. The blouse has some light golden patterns and is tied by one hook and a single dori. It is something I was uncomfortable in.

"Arjun , go and change fast." I said to him.

"Yes , I am just going. "

Inayat caught my attention coming inside the room in her peach coloured bodyconn dress.
"Bhabhi , am I looking good?"

"Yes, you are "
She beamed and went outside to check herself in mirror again.
I chuckled.
______________________________________
That's it for today.
Please do support guys.
Hope you liked it .