30

Heyyya guys!!

                                SIYA

I chopped the coriander and garnishing it cleanly over the Dum-Aloo I made, I served it out in bowls.

"Kunal."
Calling Arjun was a risk for now. What was I meant to call him infront of family? I felt it rude to call him Arjun infront of everyone as I observed no one calling out their husband by their names.

"Ji Bhabhi!" He came running inside the kitchen.
A good thing! When someone calls you , wouldn't it be sure that they must be waiting for you. Anyone at his place would have took his time in raising himself from their place as slow as an elephant does in unfloding his large heavy legs from the position, stabilising them on land and getting up.

"Food."

He washed his hands in the sink after calling his mother for food.

"This are your tickets, Mummy." Arjun sat over his chair after passing the tickets to Maa.

Arjun stayed at home today to drop Maa and Kunal at station in the afternoon. I served a plate for him, keeping it on the dining table. Our dinibg table only occupies three chairs so I waited for them to eat.

"Siya." Arjun placed a chair beside the table for me and pointed towards it. I nodded, coming with my plate.

"Siya, give more to Kunal."

Kunal smiled up at me as I advanced myself towards him with the chapatis.

All of them retired with their plates towards kitchen and washing their hands sprawled themselves on the sofa while Arjun made his place on the chair beside the dining table and I washed the dishes listening to them chatter about their relatives.

"What we got to do with it, Mummy? Let them do anything." Arjun said disappointedly.

"Hey Bhagwan, If it would be Inaaya here, atleast she would have took my side in all the gossips. You boys are just waste." Mom whined while Arjun rolled his eyes.

"Please Mummy, that's just waste of time, exaggerating each of the things that relatives did." Arjun clicked his tongue in disapproval.

"Aur time bachakar toh tumhe Taj Mahal banwa lena hai." Mom argued back and Arjun sighed turning his chair away from her.

That's his nature. If he thinks it happen that way then it happens that way. Nobody gets to change his opinion. That's good in a way that he can't be easily manipulated, but another way, anyone isn't mad to tell you something,they would be having their own point in that.

But, it's lovely either way for me.
I love how he scrunches his nose up sitting away from the person who advices him. I turned around to look at him sitting on the chair with his elbows rested on the table and his face cradled in his palm, face having a deep frown.

Wiping the slabs after a while, I turned off the lights of hall as I saw Kunal taking his nap on the couch.

I entered inside the room to listen to Maa and Arjun bickering.

"Mummy yaar, band karo ise."

Maa had recently got a new habit of scrolling YouTube Shorts over her time. Looking at her getting so engaged in the people dancing on those cheap Bolywood music all day, I could already predict her getting specs on her eyes.

"Yeh lo." I passed Arjun the list of grocery I needed. He could bring them while coming back from the station. He cleanly folded them keeping it in his pockets.

"What is Kunal doing?"

"Sleeping." I turned back to answer before continuing towards the kitchen. I packed the pickle my Mom sent for Maa in a jar and wrapping a clean butter paper around it, I kept it beside their bag.