22

Sorry for delay!

                                SIYA

                                SIYA

I looked down as the tea boiled and huge fumes evaporated up in the air. Turning the regulator, I slowed down the flames, letting it's smell escape around in the atmosphere. I inhaled, looking up at the beautiful scenery displayed through the window.

Arjun chuckled showing off his dimples at something his cousin whispered in his ear. The environment was silent here, only the squeals of our family was heard through the cold airs. I looked on as Arjun smacked on someone's head showing him his stern eyes.

"Bhabhi." Prakhar called out from the hallways to which I hummed.

"Make one cup tea more."

"Okay."

I added more tea leaves to the container. They resurfaced over the tea while I stirred it holding it's handle mixing it. My gaze went over to the hall as whole of the clan entered inside, giggling over each of the statement spoken.

I brought the tea out in cups while Arjun eyes lost the usual glam they had from the morning as they met mine. I looked around at everyone not letting the same disturbed mood resurface again. I turned around marching towards the room occupied by ladies.

Dozens of ladies sat around while Chachi and Maa kept them occupied. I signaled Maa through my eyes while she excused herself from the ladies coming with me towards the kitchen.

I looked at me questioningly, which made my nervousness yet grow more.

"I lost my Mangalsutra in the journey." I timidly looked on towards her as her eyes screamed dissapointment.
Don't blame me! I got only Arjun and her to help me off in such a situation. But the first one already proved me wrong by panicking and screaming off in anger and frustration and later everything went silent between us.

"How?"

"I don't know, I just checked when I didn't felt it around and it was not there." My eyes looked like to leak anytime.

"Wear anything you have for a while. You not wearing anything will just get people suspicious."
I nodded.

"Till then, I will tell Arjun to get you a nuptial chain from the jewellers they have."
Huffing, she went again towards the room.

I immediately put on a gold locket I have, which settled just well around my slender neck. I looked back as Arjun came near our luggage spread though the corridor inspecting each of the bag.

"You need something?"

He shook his head opening up the chains of his bags, he shuffled through entire of them throwing the clothes that came in his hand around the bag.

"Arjun, Kharab ho jaayega." I cried out whiningly but it didn't stopped him. He took out a blue shirt which I kept for emergency and strode inside the house. Going inside the room occupied by boys, he got changed into that.