16

Calum

"Maddox what the fuck," I said, hugging her tightly, "That is incredible news,"

"It's only a close family thing, we only just found out,"

"I am so happy for you,"

I kissed her forehead and hugged her again, Gabi joining, jumping up and down.

"My sweet little Gabi is having a baby. I think your dad might need another hug,"

"This is the best day ever,"

"It certainly is,"

They both went off to talk to other people and I turned round to Charlie, but she had gone, so I excused myself and went inside, finding her sat in the corner. When I put my hand on her back, she flinched, then dried her eyes and looked away.

"What's up?"

"Nothing,"

"Shall we go somewhere more private?"

"No. It's selfish anyway,"

"I won't tell,"

"I am jealous that so many people are happy they are having a baby,"

"Oh honey," I said, hugging her, "I am so sorry,"

"I know I am not keeping my babies but everyone already assumed that when I told them. No one even thought to be happy, and now I am freaking out because what if that made me think I can't raise them?"

"I think you seemed very comfortable in your decision, even after we gave you the support, but maybe tomorrow we can have a chat after we have slept on it. Your decision doesn't have to be made today,"

"Okay,"

"How about, after the birth, we do a not pregnant party,"

"Yeah," she giggled, "Thanks, Calum,"

"I think there's a few more photos to take,"

"I think I am gonna sit them out,"

"Are you sure? It's a big group one,"

"Yeah. I am gonna go to the bathroom,"

"Okay honey, I will find you back here, yeah?"

She nodded, so I went back outside to take more group photos. It was probably about 15 minutes, then Michael and Crystal came inside with me and we found Charlie. Everyone mingled for a bit before we could go into eat, then everyone filed into the dining hall.

It was all of us besides Luke and Sierra, which was a very nice table, and Charlie got chatting to Ally.

"Are you staying to dance?" Axel asked, sitting down next to me, as he had managed to convince Ashton to swap seats with him, "I am,"

"We probably are a bit,"

"I bet it is so weird for you all to see her married,"

"It is the only thing I have ever wanted to see my entire life,"

"They look really happy,"

"High school sweethearts,"

"Jealous,"

"You'll find someone," I chuckled, "You are a handsome fella,"

"So are you and you have had no luck,"

"Alright,"

"Sorry," he laughed, "But it's true!"

"Married to my job,"

"Yeah, yeah,"

Our food began to arrive, so we all chatted and ate. It was a really positive vibe, and Charlie had a smile on her face again as she spoke to everyone. The tables were lovely, down to the way the napkins were folded, and I had to give it to them because they really had created the most beautiful wedding. I knew the photographer would be doing a good job, but I was taking some of my own photos just incase.

I had one drink, but knew I was driving Charlie and I home tonight, so that was all. It was only to toast anyway, for Maddox's mum had made a speech, and now Luke was making one. He was tearful before he even got started.

"I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone in this room, for celebrating with my daughter and daughter in law, and being a community they can always rely on. If there is one thing Gabi and I have always known, it is that community is a powerful thing.

Honestly, I cannot believe I am stood making a speech at my daughter's wedding. She always used to tell me she was going to be a brain doctor, with a princess, and a dog. Now, she has all three, almost, because becoming a neurosurgeon is a whole different story. I used to nod along, and read her princess stories, and try to imagine her grown up one day. I never imagined she would be this beautiful, nor have such a beautiful princess who cherishes her so much,"

He wiped his tears and took a deep breath, Gabi holding onto his hand.

"I feel so much pride that my daughter has met all her dreams, but I know she would not have any of them without Maddox. I am so pleased to officially welcome her to our family today, because she has always lifted a weight off Gabi's shoulder, and helped her to be living, not just surviving. I could not be any happier than I am today, but most of all, congratulations to you both,"

Everyone cheered and clapped, then dessert started to be brought round, but Charlie excused herself very quickly to go to the bathroom. I hadn't thought this wedding through much. She had told me how crazy it was we are a family who got along, and now I felt like maybe it was being rubbed in her face and I felt awful.

She was gone for about ten minutes, then returned and quietly ate her dessert, keeping her head down.

After eating, we all cleared out the hall again to mingle, and they had got a couple of photo booths set up for everyone. There were some stations set up for writing them advice, or doing a thumb print painting, and it turned out Gabi had hired a wedding painting for Maddox which caused a huge scream when she realised their big day was captured in a very beautiful painting.

It was all very flashy and amazing, but I could tell Charlie was getting overwhelmed, and so was Ally. I thought I would take them out of the noise for a bit, so wrapped my arm round them both and we all went outside where a small firepit was set up for roasting marshmellows.

"Shall we roast one?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay,"

"How are you two doing?"

"It's really loud in there and there's too many people," Ally said, "It is different to Luke's wedding,"

"It is a bit, but it's how they wanted it,"

"I guess. Isak said we are gonna get married,"

"Oh right,"

"Yeah. He said he is gonna propose soon,"

"You have known him like 4 months," Charlie said, "Don't,"

"I can do what I want,"

"I have seen many dysfunctional proposals and weddings in my life. Don't,"

"But he loves me,"

"Does he?"

"That bruise wasn't from him,"

"I never said that,"

"You implied,"

"Did not,"

"Girls... let's not bicker," I said, "Charlie, this is a grilling for outside a wedding, and Ally, I hope you will tell us if something is ever wrong because we have your back. Okay?"

"I'm finding dad. It is a grilling for never,"

She pulled herself from my arms and stormed back inside, so Charlie hugged me tightly, sighing.

"I just have a bad feeling,"

"I know, honey. Unfortunately there is only so much we can do,"

"I am gonna keep pushing it, I would rather be wrong and annoying than right and sit back,"

"Okay,"

"Can we roast another marshmellow?"

"Absolutely. I wanna soak as much of this up as I can,"