42

Charlie

Calum was gone with the girls for ages, so I decided to see if Ally and Axel were free because it turned out I did want a little bit of company.
Ally wasn't, but Axel was.

"Hey. I brought you some more water,"

"Thanks. Can you help me sit up? Carefully,"

He did, and I scrunched my face together, taking a deep breath out.

"What's wrong?"

"It just hurts,"

"Do you want me to get a nurse to check your bump?"

"I don't have a bump anymore,"

"What? The babies are out?"

"Yeah. Ashton didn't tell you?"

"My dad knew?"

"It was meant to be secret but I assumed you would know,"

He shook his head and readjusted the cushions, then opened the water for me to sip.

"Are you okay?"

"Been better. It feels like my insides are jelly. The babies are cute though, and I am ready to recover, and go back to school. It is weird to see my body like this,"

"School will be fun. You need to take it easy though... I can't believe you've had them!"

"Me neither. I am so relieved. Maybe my 18th birthday will actually be fun. Will you celebrate with me?"

"Hell yeah, I would love to,"

"Really? You don't have to, it is okay if you wanna go and see the new babies in the family. I get it. Everyone else probably will,"

"Don't be silly, everyone will come and celebrate. Ally won't stop going on about you and her going about for mocktails,"

"The funniest part is that we can do that right now,"

"I know," he laughed, "But I think she is excited to have a best friend here again. All our friends moved away for uni, and she adores Gabi, but she is definitely an older sister. You and her are like friends,"

"I am excited too. I am glad I have a non-drinking buddy,"

"That makes three of us. Only Gabi and Mads do, to be honest, but they have matured to wine at a five star restaurant anyway,"

"I used to," I mumbled, "I am so glad the babies are okay because they're why I stopped and I didn't know I was pregnant to begin with,"

"I am sure they are doing really well,"

My door opened and dad let himself in, Gabi pushing herself in behind him, followed by Maddox. They seemed over the moon, and I gave dad a look, then turned my head back to the girls.  Gabi crouched down and put her arms on the side of my bed, then put her head on them and smiled.

"Thank you," she whispered, "How are you doing?"

"Okay. I didn't really want loads of visitors though,"

"We just wanted to come and tell you their names,"

"Are they good names?"

"Well, we hope so. Baby boy is called Alexander Luke,"

"That is a nice name. Alexander. I think Luke is a really sweet name as well. I bet he will like that,"

"We think so too. Baby girl is called Amelie Charlotte,"

"What?"

"Amelie Charlotte,"

"Is that because of my name?"