45

A few days later
Charlie

"Hello?"

"Hello?" Calum said, turning to see Ally stood in the living room door, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah,"

"How did you get in?" Michael asked.

"I have dad's keys. I came to see if Charlie could come over for tea and to sleep over. Dad says yes, and he said he will help her upstairs,"

"Don't you have work tomorrow?"

"They messed the rota up and asked if anyone wanted the day off. No one else did, but I did,"

"Well, it is up to Charlie," Calum said, "She still needs to take it slow,"

"Do you wanna come, Charlie? Axel has the afternoon off tomorrow so we can all hang out,"

"Um, okay. Sure,"

"Really!"

"Yeah. I need a change of scene I think,"

"Yay. Are you mad at me, Calum?"

"No," he smiled, "I hope you girls have fun. You need to look after her though, okay?"

"Okay,"

"If you two head off, I will pack a bag and drop it round later. We will probably go back home tomorrow, Charlie,"

"Okay. Thank you for having me, Michael and Crystal. I appreciate it a lot,"

"Awh, you are always welcome round here,"

I hugged Calum, then followed Ally out to her car, carefully climbing in. I was feeling a lot better now, but still definitely had to take it really slowly.

"Thanks for agreeing,"

"I am excited to see your room,"

"It was a bit messy, but dad said if I tidied he would put their airbed up so I could sleep on it and you could take my bed,"

"I can't do much other than rest. I can't lift anything,"

"That's okay. We can play games or watch a movie, or sleep. I am tired,"

"Me too,"

It was only a short drive to the house, and it looked pretty similar to ours from the outside, just a bit taller. When we went inside, I immediately smelt food, and Ally led me to the kitchen, letting me walk slowly. There were paintings and photos everywhere.

"Hello you two,"

"Hi,"

"She said yes!"

"I can see that. Make yourself at home, Charlie. Food will be about ten minutes,"

"Okay, thank you,"

I watched as Ally hugged Ashton, but then didn't let go, forcing him to cook with only one hand as the other was around her. He didn't complain though.
I sat at the table and waited for the food to be ready, then Ashton dished it up and Ally sat next to me, but Axel wasn't here. Perhaps he was studying or with his friends.

"Thank you for this food, dad,"

"Thanks,"

"You're welcome. How has your day been, Charlie? Has Mike been a good host?"

"Yeah. I have just been watching movies really. I think I might see the babies again soon, apparently Gabi and Maddox have kept them company,"

"That will be nice,"

"Yeah. My head feels a bit clearer now. I can see how much they care about the twins and I am really grateful. They have asked me to visit everyday but I just needed to rest. They deserve to bond more with them than me anyway,"