20

Calum

"It's me!"

"I am not ready,"

"Well get ready then," I laughed, waiting by the front door. A few minutes went by, then Charlie came downstairs dressed, her hair braided either side of her.

"School was good today,"

"Awesome!"

"Yeah. Was work good?"

"It was, thank you. We need to get going,"

"Okay, sorry. Can you help me do my shoes up please? Also, Ally asked me to have tea at their house?"

"I can drop you off after,"

"Well I think you are probably invited too aren't you? Ashton isn't gonna turn you away,"

"I suppose not," I grinned, standing up from doing her laces, "What is he cooking?"

"Pasta,"

"Nice,"

"Ally is gonna do my makeup, she wants to practice,"

"Is that what is in your bag?"

"Yep. I love having friends who are nice,"

"That is definitely a bonus,"

"Axel is my friend too. And Maddox, we were texting earlier. She isn't feeling well which is a shame, isn't it? At least she had a good wedding, I imagine it was so intense for them,"

"Awh bless her. Maybe tomorrow I can pick some bits up and we could drop off a care package,"

"Yeah, please,"

When we got to the office, she looped arms with me and we walked inside. I had her help me fill the form out while we waited, then we got called in and she passed me her bag to look after. She wouldn't leave it in the car.

"Good afternoon. It is nice to meet you, Charlie. I am Fiona,"

"Here is the form,"

"Thank you! Have a seat. I see on your files it has been quite a while since you last saw a dentist,"

"Yes. I asked to come,"

"What has brought you in?"

"My gums are swollen, and I have really bad toothache sometimes, and I read that it can cause problems for my babies and then I got really scared because I want them to be okay, and also Calum makes such good food and it really hurts to eat, but also I am worried about my babies," she said, getting tearful.

"You are in very good hands, and we are gonna make sure we can help you out, yeah? We definitely need to make sure you can enjoy Calum's cooking,"

"It is so good,"

"I am flattered," I said, giving her a small smile, "Babies will be okay!"

"Yes they will. Are you okay being laid down? It doesn't make you feel sick or anything?"

"It doesn't,"

"Perfect. You just try and relax for me,"

To be fair, other than worry about her babies, she was alright. I hoped this would eliminate some anxiety about them, because I knew the closer to them being due, the worse her stress would get and that wasn't good at all. Hopefully meeting her midwife soon would make her feel better too.

"Alright. You just need a filling, and a cleaning,"

"And then my babies are okay?"

"Yep. I have time for the filling now if you do?"