30

Charlie

"Happy Friday!" Calum called as he came in, "I have cake for after tea,"

I pushed my laptop off my legs and made my way downstairs, meeting him in the kitchen.

"How was your day?"

"Okay. I did a bit of school work,"

"Good! Have you spoken to Axel anymore?"

"Yeah. He brought me lunch. I really appreciate him,"

"I think he really understands how you're feeling, and knows he can help out. He is one of the most generous kids I have ever met,"

"I like having someone who actually wants to hang out with me," I said, "Other than you,"

"Yeah? Maybe you can invite some people round this weekend,"

"I think Maddox and Gabi wanna see me. It has almost been a week,"

"You can see if they're free now if you want,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, they won't deny getting cooked for,"

I texted Maddox- her and I talked all the time- then leant into Calum's side. Today had been so much easier now we were friends again. The past few days had got me all worked up over nothing, but I was trying to be graceful with myself because this was the first time in a while I had stayed in the same home.

The babies started kicking loads, so I gently rubbed my stomach, but it was so hard that I got Calum to feel it to make sure I wasn't going insane. He could feel it too, so that was good.

"They're gonna be monkeys, I already know,"

"I do love them,"

"You are doing such a great job looking after them. I am sure they will love the cake,"

"We don't have any for Mads or Gabi,"

"We can have it after they have gone, then. Although, they won't mind,"

"I hope they are feeling better. It seems like they are,"

"I think so too. I should probably get cooking!"

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door so I answered, seeing both of them in their pyjamas.

"You have your own cake,"

"We have a lot of wedding cake to get through," Gabi said.

"Okay, good. Calum got us cake and I was worried you would both be upset because you don't have any cake, but now you do so that is okay,"

"Yeah. Can we come in?"

"Oh. Sorry,"

I opened the door and stood out the way, watching them both come inside; they went to the kitchen and greeted Calum, so I sat on the stairs and waited. I presumed they would probably be wanting some private time.

"Are we hanging in your room?"

Maddox appeared infront of me, then helped me stand up, and I took them to my room. Axel had done a really good job tidying, and I was now determined to keep it that way.
I sat down on my bed, then Gabi sat on the hanging chair and Maddox sat beside me. Both of them looked perfect like usual.

"I missed you guys,"

"We missed you too," Maddox said, "I have been so busy this week, sorry!"

"Do you feel okay?"

"Yeah... we're okay. How was your appointment?"

"A bit stressful. Then she said I am too stressed. It's a bit hard not to be after all my moving and finding out its twins,"