The Shining Beacon

Two people are walking out of the Vale City Police Department one being an older man in a black and dark green suit with white hair, the other is a younger blond woman in a pretty standard office lady attire. The woman is holding a table-like Scroll as she goes through what looks like profiles.

??? 1: Sir are you really sure we should be accepting him?

??? 2: I don't see why not. He came highly recommended.

??? 1: But Professor Peach has never put someone up for recommendation.

??? 2: Well maybe she found the right student this year.

??? 1: I am afraid I must insist he has no official combat training now videos. He wasn't even at the exam.

??? 1: Glynda, like I said you said he came by recommendation. 

The woman now known as Glynda scrawls at the older man as she returns to the Scroll and hits some buttons.  

Glynda: Well if you must know Ozpin with the so hastily applied Ms Rose the numbers mean that one person won't be getting a team.

Ozpin takes a sip out of his mug as they both enter a bullhead and sit down.

Ozpin: I believe that young Mr L/N is hiding something from us and I want him in the one place I can keep eyes on him.

Ozpin pulls out his Scroll and starts going through Y/N's application sheet that only has the basics like age, name, height, and blood type every other section of the sheet is filled with the same. "N/A came by recommendation by Professor Peach"  Ozpin moves the application form until he gets to the Semblance which was filled in.

Semblance: Y/N named his Alaya Vijnana which comes from an old Mistralian belief called the store-house consciousness. His Semblance allows him to slow down his perception of time allowing for quick reactions and even quicker movement.

Ozpin just looks at it before speaking to himself.

Ozpin: We might have found our newest Gundam.

Blake and Y/N are now sitting on a large Vale Bullhead filled with other students Y/N is wearing his backpack and all his weapons meaning he isn't wearing his jacket and shirt. Many female students find themselves staring before they see his tail sway from behind him. Some turn around but many still can't take their eyes off him. Blake is sitting next to Y/N reading a book before she feels the immense pressure of all the eyes.

Blake: You need to start wearing your clothes with your gear. We are meant to be blending in not standing out. 

Y/N: As you wish.

Y/N takes off the backpack and his weapons as they clang to the floor causing some people to look at him. The first person to look at him was a large man wearing armour and carrying a mace of his own, the next was a red-headed girl wearing spartan-style armour, two girls who seemed to be arguing about something to do with knees Y/N didn't take notice of who they were but one defiantly recognizes the jacket he just put on. Y/N then puts all his gear back on. Yang looked up after embracing her sister in a one-armed hug before she heard Y/N's gear hit the floor and him reaching down for a familiar jacket. 

Yang: Him.

Ruby: Who?

Yang: Him.

Ruby: Yang as much as I would love to play the pronoun game with you can you give me a little more than just him?

Yang: I think he's that guy that drives the car we saw when you found me at Juniors. But why did he wear that mask?  

Ruby looks over and then sees the red stripe on his jacket.