The Badge and The Burden

Night time covers Beacon as a bunch of exhausted first-years make their way around campus whether they are going to their dorms, the cafeteria or the locker room. One set of students comes out of the locker room. Teams RWBY, JNPR, GNDM. None of them have their weapons as Y/N now has his jacket back on but he seems to be holding his right arm. Blood can be seen on his right hand. 

Ruby: Alright team what are we going to do first? 

Yang: How about sleep?

Weiss: Please.

Blake just yawns and almost falls asleep standing up before she catches herself. She turns to see Y/N holding his right arm in a hurt manner but before she can say anything the PA system crackles to life.

PA: Could Y/N of Team GNDM please make his way to Ozpin's office.

Y/N stops holding his arm as both teams face him.

Nora: In trouble on the first day.

Yang: Rookie mistake.

Blake begins to move towards him but he steps away before walking off.

Y/N: I will be back later.

Y/N rounds the corner at the end of the hall he brings his left arm up to hold his right again. The others start leaving towards their rooms but Blake just stays there before Yang walks up to her.

Yang: Don't worry I am sure he isn't going to be kicked out.

Blake: That isn't it. He's hurt but he won't admit it.

Yang: You think it's that slash he got on his arm?

Blake: To be honest that is probably the less concerning thing at the moment. Come on let's go to the room I'm sure when Professor Ozpin and Goodwitch see him they will send him to be treated. 

Blake turns on her heels as she yawns and Yang seems to reluctantly follow. Y/N is now standing in the elevator that leads up to Ozpin's office. Y/N never really was a fan of enclosed spaces his eyes dart around looking for anything that could help him escape if anything went tits up. Before he could plan any further the elevator comes to a jolting stop as the doors begin to open with a ding Y/N lets go of his arm as he walks into the office with Ozpin looking out over the campus from his large bay window. Goodwitch stands beside the desk tapping away on her scroll. 

Ozpin: Come in Y/N would you like something to drink?

Ozpin spins around like some sort of bond villain the only thing missing is a cat in his lap. Y/N shakes his head electing for silence over speaking. 

Ozpin: Don't worry I am sure this won't take too long. Come sit down.

Ozpin watches as Y/N walks up and is about to reach with his right arm but winces before he uses his left to pull the chair out and then sit down. Ozpin swirls his cup as he leans back and takes a sip.

Ozpin: OK first matter of business. We don't have a room for you to use since you are the odd man out but I have taken the liberty of putting you in with Team RWBY you and Miss Belladonna seem to be close and have a history. 

Y/N: She means a lot to me and her safety is my top priority. So for as long as I am useful to her, I will follow.

Ozpin: It's good to have a goal but is that the Debris side of you talking or the real you? 

Y/N: I gave myself to her family as Debris. She didn't buy me or steal me from my family.

Ozpin: That is fine I was just curious. I would also like to know how you did this.