Mountain Glenn

The Beacon courtyard sat idle in the night as it waited for the next day to bring more bullheads and students. But currently, the very edge of the landing pad was playing host to General Ironwood as he stood in silence watching as his warships floated above the sleeping city.

The General stood like this for some time before the sound of heels on concrete caught his ear he didn't have to turn around to know who it was as Goodwitch walked up behind him.

Glynda: Trouble sleeping?

The General looked back to face the older woman before he gripped his left shoulder.

Ironwood: Arm was acting up.

Glynda: Of course, so logically, you got out of bed, dressed yourself completely and decided to gaze menacingly out into the distance.

Glynda approaches his side before she looks at him concern on her face not a very often shown emotion, especially towards the General.

Glynda: What's wrong?

Ironwood: I've trusted him for years. We both have. I just... I can't help but feel like he's keeping us in the dark.

Glynda: Don't be ridiculous! You know very well that we are not the ones in the dark.

Ironwood laughs to himself.

Ironwood: That makes it worse! I refuse to believe that a man that I've trusted for so long would act so... passively.

Glynda puts a reassuring hand on her friend's shoulder.

Glynda: You're a good person, James. You've always done what you think is best for the people, even against strong protest. It's admirable. But it's high time you stopped talking about trust and started showing it. 

Glynda drops her hand as the two stare out into the distance.

Glynda: Ozpin has experience that the rest of us lack. And I think that's something worth remembering.

Ironwood: I know it's just that some things aren't adding up why are you both being so secretive about the boy?

Glynda: Y/N? I have to be honest I don't entirely know myself as far as I am aware he is just the next Gundam.

Ironwood: Then why keep him hidden from the rest of us?

The two are about to continue before Ironwood's Scroll goes off he looks confused before he looks to Goodwitch who gestures for him to take the call.

Ironwood: What is it?

A voice comes through but Glynda can't understand what it's saying.

Ironwood: It's done? Good. what do you mean there's bad news?

Ironwood stands still for a moment as the voice speaks to him.

Ironwood: How do you lose a metal wolf? Doesn't matter it is probably looking for the boy. That is all we will search for it tomorrow.

Ironwood removes his Scroll from his ear and rubs his temples and lets out a long sigh.

Glynda: Don't tell me.

Ironwood: No need to worry it's just that the recaptured LQ-85i has gone missing. 

Glynda: That sounds like a good reason to worry!

Ironwood: I tried to get into it to extract what it knew but it would only open for Y/N so I think I know who it is looking for it will turn up.

Up in Ozpin's empty office his computer screen turns on and flashes the message "sample too busy" before it turns off. The broken moon shines over the ruined buildings making up the city of Mountain Glenn as a lone Beowolf roams the streets the Grimm looks up to see the red reaper looking down her weapons sight before it puts its head back down and continues roaming. Ruby lowers Crescent Rose and lets out a deep sigh as she looks out over the destroyed city Zwei pushes his way onto her lap. The rest of Team RWBY lays around the fire with Dr Oobleck on the floor above them. Y/N looks out the other side of the building on the same level as Oobleck. Y/N looks through the sight of his oversized rifle a raven lands on the end of it before it looks at him then down to the girls before it takes off. All three of the sleeping girls have their eyes closed before Yang's eyes open as she stops pretending to be asleep. She looks around seeing Y/N before she looks to her teammates.