New Challengers...

So before we start Y/N most likely won't be in this chapter

Team JNPR stand opposite their opponents as both glares at each other. Both teams are intent on winning this match and showing the world just who they are. The terrane roulette spins as the system makes its decision, down in the arena the spinning that only lasts a few seconds feels like hours before behind JNPR a mountain with a thundercloud rises from the floor and on the opposite side behind BRNZ a lush green forest appears. A large holographic screen begins a countdown as Port leads.

Port: 3... 2... 1...

Jaune raises his sword into the air trying to encourage his team.

Jaune: Come on guys!

Port: BEGIN!

Port's booming voice signals the start of the fight as all four members of JNPR race forward only to be met by three members of BRNZ, the fourth member May turns on her heels and sprints towards the trees with her sniper axe combo at the ready. In the neutral center, Pyrrha raises her shield defending against a knee from Team BRNZ's leader Brawnz but she still slides back from the force. Pyrrha recovers just in time to block Brawnz's Claws with her xiphos, the redhead jerks her sword away slicing her fists and making him jump back his aura taking a negligible amount of damage. May runs through the forest before she leaps and sticks the axe end into a branch and uses it to swing up onto a different branch allowing her to take her unchallenged advantage. Ren readies his StormFlower's blades to attack the third member of BRNZ, Nolan who readies what looks like a metal stick. The boy begins to run and Ren before he is almost blindsided by Nora as she swings Magnhild right where his head would have been had he not ducked under. Nolan spins and swings his stick at Nora. May looks down at her sight spotting Ren all on his own as she takes her shot. Ren runs to the side unintentionally avoiding the rounds she had fired at him as the rock behind him crumbles upon impact. Jaune and the final member of BRNZ, Roy engage as Jaune lifts his shield managing to block the other boy's buzzsaw gloves. Jaune looks proud of himself before May fires a round a hit that goes wide causing him to look around and spot the glint from her rifle sight from her well-camouflaged position. Just not well enough. Jaune thinks for a split second trying to think about how to remove a sniper from their position his mind quickly races through all the times he had seen Ruby and Y/N fight in combat class before he quickly throws Y/N out of his mind. Jaune compares his opponent to Ruby. for as long as Jaune had known Ruby she had never missed a shot but this girl had just missed three on two people practically standing still but she was still dangerous.

Jaune: R-R-Retreat!

Ren glances at his leader confused before a round hits the ground next to him yet another missed shot. Ren and Nora decide not to test the sniper's aim as they start running towards the mountain in hopes of finding cover behind the rocks that litter its base. Shortly after Jaune and Pyrrha cover their retreat by lifting their shields and running behind them. May fires four rounds as two find a hit on the shields still yet to actually hit someone. Team JNPR leaps over a rocky outcropping and into cover. Pyrrha turns to her leader as more bullets fly over her head.

Pyrrha: What do we do?

Jaune pecks his head over the rock avoiding sniper fire as the three melee members charge at the cowering team.

Jaune: Spread out! Try to keep moving!

His team scatters but before he can run Brawnz lands a strike directly on his shield. May jumps around the trees trying to get higher before she finds her spot and focuses back on the fight below. Brawnz and Pyrrha ready an attack before Brawnz throws a wide haymaker that Pyrrha easily blocks. Nolan slowly and cockily struts up to Ren as he comes to a sliding stop with his weapons ready. The boy looks back at the trees to his now-relocated teammate and gives a nod before May fires another two rounds once again seemingly off-mark only for them to land at his feet causing him to execute a no-hand cartwheel to the side only to be rudely introduced to the business end of Nolans metal stick as it hits him upside the head disorientating the boy who kicks out hoping to find his mark only for Nolan to dodge and strike him centre mass with his stick that turns out to be cow prod as electricity surges through the ninja causing him to collapse onto the floor beside Nora. Nolan still cocky looks at the scowling Nora who swings at him which he promptly dodges before he tries to take her out the same way he had taken Ren as he thrusts his prod forward into her corset expecting her to let out a scream of pain and fall to the floor only for her to double over and grab the end holding it against herself. Nolan looks on confused before Port's voice fills the air.