Round One

The sun rises over a grassy cliff surrounded by autumn trees. The only sound being the wind as it rushes up the cliff and through the trees. Rose petals flutter through the air behind Ruby as she stands at the edge of the cliff in front of a gravestone. Ruby had her hood up and her hands clasped together in prayer before she lowered her hood. The gravestone reads 'Summer Rose- Thus Kindly I Scatter"

Ruby: Hey, Mum.  Sorry, I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he is going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too.

Ruby pauses as she looks down at the only memory of her mother. 

Ruby: Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool.  I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. We even have to share a dorm with a boy who's a one-man team, Team GNDM. He's so strong and fast but he isn't the smartest. OH, he's even dating Yang! Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "Like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow.

Ruby lifts her head to think for a moment before a bark causes her to turn around to find Zwei and Taiyang standing in the trees behind her.

Ruby: Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck!

She puts the hood back on and starts to walk away, but turns and delivers one final message to her mother.

Ruby: It was good to talk.

Ruby jogs back to her dad as over the grave stone a figure in a white cloak looks back at her before smiling as a group of birds fly towards the sun.

The thunderous roar of the crowd calls out for the two teams in the middle of the Amity Colosseum as the arena is split in two one side an icy landscape and the other a volcanic plane. In the arena, Ruby fires and swings her scythe before Petal bursts towards an opponent. Blake exchanges defensive slashes with Reese Chloris as the blades of Gambol Shroud collide with her opponent's hoverboard until Blake flips away, and readies herself before she charges in again. Weiss swings Mytenaster as she activates one of her glyphs. Behind Weiss, Yang dodges the explosive force of Arslan Altan's fist by using her Ember Celica to launch herself into the air before she falls to the ground and fires back at her opponent all with a smile on her face. One that could be seen all over the stadium as the cameras followed her. Y/N looked up seeing how happy she was before his attention was brought to the robotic wolf beside him.

Wolf: They don't seem to be taking this fight as seriously as they should.

Y/N: They aren't fighting for their lives here. They'll be fine.

Wolf: While that is true they should treat every fight like it could be their last.

Y/N: Is that you to your programming saying that?

Wolf: I could say the same to you but you can't program flesh in the typical sense. 

Y/N's scroll beeps as Wolf's eyes flash red. Y/N pulls out his Scroll to see a message from Ozpin.