The First Step

We open to a house made of paper and wood much like those on the island of Menagerie. Inside the house, we see a five-year-old Y/N sleeping in a bed a faint haze of smoke fills the air as an older woman is seen running around grabbing anything of value. 

Mum: I wish I never had the devil.

The Mum runs out the doorway in the sea of people running for their lives. Not long later Y/N wakes up and begins running he charges through the wooden door but once he is through the door he isn't five anymore he looks older maybe eleven. He picks up his Mace, which is far too big for him then, and charges at a twelve-year-old Adam. Y/N activates his Semblance as he charges in and jumps his speed drastically increased. Adam brings his sword up and attempts to block but is just launched back as he rolls. Y/N lands in a crouched position before he howls and charges in Y/N passes a tree as once again he is older. He has the backpack on with his full array of weapons and his mask on as he boosts through a burning building that he can't make out he activates his jump jets and smashes his way through the wall in front of him as he slams his mace down on the ground creating a shockwave. Y/N stands up only to be older again but this time he is flanked by White Fang soldiers. 

Y/N: Slaughter the humans as the high leaders demand.

Y/N throws his arm out signaling them to attack as an older Ilia comes up beside him. Before he can get any further he is shaken out of his super by Blake as she looks down at him worried. Y/N is back on the floor of the ballroom in Beacon Academy. Y/N sighs as Blake just hits him on the shoulder.

Blake: What the hell was that? Another nightmare? 

Y/N: I don't want to talk about it. 

Blake just flings herself around Y/N in a hug.

Blake: Y/N you know I am here for you. If you need help you can always ask.

Y/N: Blake I'm fine just worry about what we have to do to survive today.

Blake pulls away from Y/N a little upset that he is once again pushing everyone away and all his feelings down. But she backs away a little more and begins rolling up her bed mat before she gets a change of clothes and goes to have a shower. Y/N rubs his eyes as he looks around the room seeing people getting up over in the corner he can see a far too energetic redhead annoying another guy who has black and a magenta strip in it. Y/N rolls off his own bed mat and rolls it up grabbing his cargo pants and boots before he heads off to the showers as well. 

Unfortunately, the bathrooms in the ballroom are co-ed so as Y/N walks in he sees a bunch of girls just staring at him as he walks in and then heads for a shower. Some of the girls whip a little bit of blood from under their noses. Y/N just stands in the shower as the water runs over him for a moment before he starts washing himself. He comes out in his cargo pants and boots carrying his sleeping gear as he walks back out to his back and throws his jacket on over himself forgoing a shirt. 

Blake: Come on let's put our stuff away then we can go get some food.

Y/N: Please I am so hungry.

Y/n and Blake walk away as the redhead is still annoying the other guy. Y/N and Blake enter the cafeteria and survey the area for an empty table Y/N spots Yang and Ruby sitting at a table as well as Cardin sitting at a different one with three others. Weiss sits with the red-headed spartan. Y/N just walks to the line and grabs some food before going to a table promptly being followed by Blake. They sit down and eat their food before the energetic redhead and now that Y/N got a better look at him the guy who looks like a ninja sits down near them. The redhead has a pancake in her mouth before she starts speaking not finishing her food.