Breach

Night time across Vale. On the campus grounds in the dorm building Team JNPR sleeps in their room Ren and Pyrrha sleep silently and like normal people, while Nora sleep boxes the air and Jaune tosses, turns and mumbles. 

Jaune: Waffles...

Jaune turns back over and continues to dream until his Scroll lights up and starts ringing waking him from his slumber. Jaune is too tired and asleep to look at the caller as he answers.

Jaune: Hello?

The expected sound of someone's voice never comes instead the sound of a train whistle and explosions comes through before it cuts off. Jaune pulls his Scroll away to find that it was Ruby who had called him.

Jaune: Ruby?

Jaune lays in his bed awake unable to get to sleep as he racks his brain about the possible situation of Team RWBY and GNDM. Jaune stayed quiet for most of the morning before his team noticed something was up. Team JNPR walks towards their bullhead before anyone brings up Jaune's mood.

Pyrrha: Jaune are ok? You've been quiet all morning.

Jaune: It's just I got a call from Ruby last night and it didn't sound great before it cut off. I'm just worried.

Pyrrha: I'm sure they're fine.

Jaune: You think?

Nora skips past Jaune and Pyrrha before she adds her infinite knowledge and wisdom.

Nora: Probably a butt dial...

Ren follows after her before actually adding something useful.

Ren: Team RWBY has always performed exceptionally in the field they even have Y/N. We should be focusing on our own mission.

Nora runs back to Ren past Jaune as he still looks unsure.

Nora: We're gonna be deputies!

Jaune: I just got this feeling... I don't know.

Pyrrha: Jaune...

Pyrrha doesn't get to continue as air raid sirens coming from the city cut her off drawing Team JNPR's attention to the billowing black smoke coming from Vale before sirens around Beacon start blaring causing Nora to cover her ears. Jaune turns to his team his gut was right.

Jaune: We're changing our mission. Everyone on board!

As the team heads toward their Bullhead, Jaune does a headcount before stopping Ren by putting his hand on his shoulder.

Jaune: Ren, we'll make it to that village another time. Take us into the city!

Team JNPR's bullhead doesn't even reach the proper altitude as it flies off toward the city. Back on the landing platform, Cinder stands watching Vale as Emerald and Mercury run up behind her. 

Emerald: You don't think...

Mercury: Sure looks like it.

Emerald: That's still days away!

Mercury: So? What do we do?

Down in Vale Team RWBY and Y/N stand surrounded by rubble and Grimm as they are all looking a little worse for wear Y/N's jackets left arm is practically falling off as he reaches up and pulls it from the jacket removing the flapping piece of fabric as he pulls the sleeve his mask falls to floor as blood still trails down his face from his eyes nose and mouth. Around the teens Beowolves, Ursai, Creeps and a massive King Taijitu with even more coming from the hole. Y/N picks up his mask and puts it under his jacket as his jump jets warm up and the King Taijitu unleashes a mighty roar signalling the Grimm to push in. Ruby is the first to dive off the platform and into the Grim as she plants her scythe into the ground before kicking away any Grimm that got close. Yang follows her sister's example as she leaps onto a creep before launching herself into the air with Ember Celica she fires down with an aerial bombardment onto the seemingly moving black streets of Vale before a screech alerts her to three Nevermores as they knock her from the sky. Blake flips over a Beowolves paw that made it onto the stand before she slices the other off and stabs it in the head killing it before dropping down to a knee and shooting another four. Weiss fends off three beowolves before summoning a glyph that conjures up an ice blade that follows her swing taking off the heads of five more and stabbing a sixth. In a side street, Y/N uses his Semblance as he dodges and weaves through ten Beowolves before he leaps off the fifth into the air then smashes down into the center killing all ten as the ground flowers apart around him. The King Taijitu from before slithers its way towards the wolf faunus at high speeds before he once again turns red leaving after images behind him as he grabs the middle and throws it through the building towards the square. Yang now back on the ground and undeterred punches the bonnet of a car causing it to jump into the air before she punches its roof launching it into a pack of Grimm. Ruby finishes slicing some Grimm to ribbons as she turns around only to find the King Taijitu that Y/N had thrown landing next to her as it raises to its full height and hisses at her. Ruby can hear Y/N's jump jet as the sound of a grenade launcher causes Ruby to look up to find Nora riding on her hammer before she slams the head down onto the snake's black head killing it.