Burning The Candle

In the Ballroom an upset Ruby lays her head on her hands as she rests them on the table staring into the distance before she is startled out of her thoughts by Weiss slamming her hands onto the table getting her leader's attention. Ruby looks up to find the smiling heiress in her element as she slides two almost identical pieces of cloth over to her.

Weiss: I need you to pick a tablecloth.

Ruby looks down at the squares and then back up to Weiss confused.

Ruby: Aren't they both the same? 

Weiss hangs her head as she lets out a long sigh of frustration.

Weiss: I don't even know why I asked. 

Ruby watches on in confusion as Weiss walks away seemingly talking to herself before Yang walks behind her carrying a massive speaker on her shoulder with ease before she drops it in place causing Ruby, the chair Ruby is sitting on and the table all to jump off the ground slightly before setting back on the ground as if nothing happened. Ruby doesn't even acknowledge her sister as she lays her head back on the table while Yang walks up behind her while brushing her hands. 

Yang: So, have you picked out a dress yet? 

Yang had tried to lift her sister's spirits but her efforts had fallen flat on their face as Ruby didn't turn to face her.

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake and Y/N aren't going?

Yang wasn't going to admit defeat to her mopy sister.

Yang: Oh, don't worry; she's going and besides we don't know if Y/N is or isn't.

Yang suddenly finds the floor very interesting as her mind wanders to the elusive White Wolf. 

Yang: it's not like he's been around for me to ask him. 

Yang kicks her foot against the floor before looking up and seeing Weiss at the tables with a piece of fabric. 

Yang: Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!

Yang is about to march over before Weiss beats her to it and is already in Yang's face pointing her finger at her. This was Weiss's time to plan so no one was going to mess with her.

Weiss: If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!

Yang is about to refute the white-haired heiress before they are both interrupted by the doors opening both girls get excited for different reasons before Yang spots Sun and Neptune as her face drops slightly. 

Neptune: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Weiss had suddenly flipped a switch as she suddenly became sweet and innocent as she slid up beside Neptune. 

Weiss: We were thinking about it.

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

Yang leans onto her back foot as she crosses her arms and starts miming Weiss out of annoyance. While Sun slides between Weiss and Neptune causing the smaller girl to roll her eyes. 

Sun: You ladies all excited for dress-up?

Ruby: Pfft... Yeah, right!

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night!

Weiss: If you can get him to go. So what are you two wearing?

Sun looks confused at the question as he looks at Neptune and then back to the girls as he gestures to his current outfit.