Dance Dance Dance

The day of the dance had gone like any other Sunday except that most of the girls on campus had disappeared around mid-afternoon to get ready for the dance. Yang had spent some of the day looking for Y/N. She thought that he could use a friend or someone beside him after their talk on the roof but it seemed like he was avoiding her like the plague. Yang even checked the garage and found his car was still there but not him.

Yang: Where are you Y/N? 

Now Yang and Weiss are walking into the ballroom for any last-minute planning so that Yang can get behind the greeting podium. As they walked Yang could hear Weiss's voice but not her words as she was looking down at the floor not paying attention until she felt someone grab her shoulder. 

Weiss: Yang were you listening to me?

Yang: Huh oh yeah what was it you were saying?

Weiss sighs before she puts her hands on her hips and stands in front of Yang then pointing at her with her left hand.

 Weiss: You need to wipe that look of your face. You're in charge of greeting everyone if you look miserable no one is going to have fun.

Yang: You're right Weiss. 

Yang tries to force a smile as Weiss just looks unimpressed. 

Yang: What is it?

Weiss: I don't know. Why don't you tell me?

Yang: Look Weiss I am fine.

Yang puts on a triumphant display before she points her thumb at herself.

Weiss: Yang. Jaune does a better job at lying about his feelings than you do.

Yang drops her act.

Yang: I went to go and speak to Y/N about coming to the dance. But when I found him he had his mask and Scroll in his hands.

Weiss: So what does that mean?

Yang: Nothing but he told me about his past. About how he doesn't think he should be alive and how he shouldn't be as happy as he is. I tried to tell him how wrong he was but he snapped at me he yelled. It was the most emotion he has shown. I didn't even get a chance to ask him to the dance.

Yang hung her head after what was on her mind had been released. Weiss drops her hands before she kicks the floor in front of her.

Weiss: If it makes you feel better I don't have a date either.

Yang looks up confused.

Yang: What about Neptune?

Weiss: I had too much to worry about to even think about boys. But don't worry I have a feeling Y/N will be here tonight.

Weiss had placed her hand on Yang's shoulder as the two girls just looked at each other in the eyes.

Yang: Thanks Ice Queen but if you look miserable then no one is going to have fun. Let's go.

Weiss smiled as her friend seemed to have cheered up a little as they both took their places in the dance. Y/N stands on the same rooftop as the night before overlooking the courtyard as people make their way to the dance. Girls all wear nice dresses the boys wear suits. Y/N on the other hand is still wearing his normal combat clothes. He watches as they enter the ballroom in drips and drabs. Soon the door opens behind him and the sound of a cane tapping on the floor along with footfalls follow. Y/N didn't have to turn to know who it was.

Ozpin: I see you have grown fold of overlooking the courtyard too.

Y/N doesn't say anything as Ozpin just stands behind him.