The Emerald Forest

Yang walks through the misty undergrowth of the Emerald Forest as she looks around spinning as she walks. Yang finally has had enough.

Yang: HELLOOOOOOO? 

Yang turns as she speaks not seeing a black blur pass above her in the trees. Blake stops in the branches not far from her.

Yang: Is anyone out there? Hellooooo? 

Yang stops and throws her arms up in defeat.

Yang: I'm getting bored here!

Not long after she finishes, a bush rustles behind her as Blake darts her head to the spot, her eyes narrowing. Yang turns and walks towards the bush with her guard completely lowered. Yang pokes her head into the bush as Blake watches.

Yang: Is someone there?... Ruby is that you? Y/N?

A low inhuman growl rumbles through Yang's bones as she stares and raises her head following the creature. 

Yang: Nope! 

Yang's nope ends with a hard pop before she dives to her right dodging as the Ursa charges out of the underbrush to try and attack her. Blake attempts to make herself smaller and harder to see as she watches the exchange. Yang gets up activates her Ember Celica and stares at the Grimm before another comes from behind her forcing her to roll again. The first Ursa runs at her attempting to catch her off guard only to be met by Yang winding her arm back before throwing it forward at full force knocking it back as her Gauntlet also fires adding a fire to the equation. The other Ursa charges as Yang races to meet it. Yang ducks under it and delivers a firey uppercut sending it slightly into the air as she uses her weapons to send her up and kick it back landing next to the first as they both get back to their feet.

Yang: You guys wouldn't happen to have seen a girl in a red hood would you?

Both the Ursai growl at her.

Yang: you could have just said "no"

One of the Ursai stands up on its hind legs and swipes at Yang twice. The first swipe she just backsteps while the second forces her to backflip away. Yang gets up and laughs at the Grimm while Blake just shakes her head.

Blake: This girl is crazy.

Yang: Geez, you two couldn't broad side of a ba...

Before Yang could finish her fully sick insult that could have ended the Grimm right then and there a single strand of her golden hair fell past her face and rested on the forest floor.

Yang: You...

Yang closes her lilac eyes before she opens them again only for them to be red. Yang looks pissed. Both Ursai look at each other a little confused before Yang screams. Blake watches even more intently now.

Yang: YOU MONSTER!!!!

An inferno surrounds Yang for a moment as she throws her arms down into a battle pose and activates her semblance. She proceeds to first launch the Ursa into the air with an uppercut, and a barrage of bullet-enhanced punches at staggering speeds commences, sending the Ursa flying back with Yang closely following after. This barrage ends when Yang delivers a particularly powerful punch that sends it through multiple trees and leaves a trail of fire behind it in the process. Blake's eyes widen.

Blake: She's like Y/N when he sees fire. Interesting. Guess I should help now.

Blake drops down from the branch into the bush behind the Usai as she can hear Yang yelling. The Usai stands up as Blake throws Gambol Shroud with all her strength it sinks deep into the back of the Usra's head causing it to drop down dead giving Yang her first look at Blake who had been watching her. Yang pants hard as Blake pulls her weapon free. Blake gives a slight smirk as Yang's eyes change back to lilac before she speaks to her new partner.