Painting the Town...

Ruby: Penny, I-I don't understand...

Penny and Ruby stand in the back alley where Penny has just revealed her biggest secret to her friend. Ruby understandable is very confused.

Penny: Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an Aura.

Penny turns her head away as she finishes before speaking again her voice thick with shame.

Penny: I'm not real...

Ruby doesn't waste any time in reaching for Penny's hand to comfort her.

Ruby: Of course you are. Do you think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?

Penny: I don't... um... 

Ruby could practically hear Penny's robot brain trying to understand why her friend wasn't looking at her like a monster. Penny leans into Ruby's face to try and figure it out.

Penny: You're... taking this extraordinarily well.

Ruby: You're not like those things we saw back there. You've got a heart and a soul; I can feel it!

Ruby tapped Penny's chest only for a dull metallic thud to meet her before Penny reached forward and wrapped her in a crushing bear hug as she shook her back and forth

Penny: Ooohh... oh Ruby.  You're the best friend anyone could have!

Ruby groans from the girl's superior strength as she squeezes the life out of the red-hooded girl.

Ruby: I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower!

She finally releases Ruby as she is now back to her normal happy self. 

Penny: Oh, he's very sweet! My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would love him!

Ruby: Wow he built you all by himself?

Penny: Not just me but he had some help from Mr Ironwood.

Ruby: The General?! Wait... Is that why those soldiers were after you?

Penny: They like to protect me, too!

Ruby: They don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if I'm ready yet... One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world and test myself in the Tournament.

Ruby: Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!

Penny just looks at Ruby confused.

Penny: That's not what Mr Ironwood said...

Soldier 1: Check down here!

Ruby looks behind after hearing the soldiers shouting she is about to suggest running before Penny grabs her shoulders and lifts her effortlessly above her head.

Penny: You have to hide!

Ruby attempts to struggle out of the girl's grip as she yells at her friend as Penny carries her toward a nearby dumpster. 

Ruby: Penny, wait! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them! I can help you!

Ruby is then launched into the bin as the lid closes above her before Penny lifts it so she can still talk to her friend.