14

14

I stepped out.

Lights flashing.

They gasped.

They glared.

They gaped.

I stepped forward, held my head high and walked past the billowing ribbon-like cue, straight up the entrance, smiled at the guard and flashed my Allow All Places tag an entered. Out the back the boys were chilling, voice warms ups had been sung and by the smiles on their faces, I guessed, alcohol had been drunk.

I opened the door and immediately the attention was on me.

Louis's tongue fell out of his mouth, Niall fell out of his chair and Harry dribbled water onto his shirt and his fashion assistant made him change.

"Too much?" I asked Liam.

"You look great," he smiled.

"Thanks," I blushed and looked at my feet.

Louis walked up to me and looked me up and down, he was so close I could smell the cologne on his chest, the wax in his hair, and the mint on his tongue.

"You look-" he stuttered.

"You suit up well," I brushed off his shoulders and smiled.

"You-"

I laughed and leaned in and kissed his cheek .

"Good luck tonight boys," I smiled, turned on my heel and left the room.

Leaving them, mouths open, awaiting flys.

My seat in the VIP box was with Tilly but not Paul for he was busy and wasn't interested. Faces occasionally turned to us, spied on us, beady, grin button eyes like that of a vulture awaiting to tear the meat off the bone, awaiting to see the dead carcass of their prey.

Of me.

I gulped and moved back further in my seat.

"It'll always be like that," Tilly commented, applying a violent shade of pink lipstick.

"They'll glare," she continued, checking her appearance in a compact mirror, "you will always be competition, you'll always be someone that is standing in the fans way of One Direction, I get hate mail, death threats, you will too!" She added at the shocked look on my face, "everyone connected to them gets it."

I looked at my feet.

But smiling I looked up.

"But you guys won't be here much longer," I sighed, "I mean I'll miss the boys, you and Paul but soon I'll have school again and you'll be gone. All back to normal."

Tilly shock her head, a sad, sympathetic look on her face.

"Darling, you'll never be able to live a normal life not until One Direction stops being famous, you haven't seen the media, have you?"

"No,"

"You're everywhere, I'm sorry but your life won't be normal for a long time."

I didn't say anything.

These people just kept killing my mood!

When the concert stared I wasn't overly hyped.

It was one direction, I didn't listen to their music.

But now it seemed like it wasn't JUST one direction, it was my friends, it was ONE DIRECTION, it was only now when I realized who they really were.

Five boys, young and free, a part of a famous boy band that girls drooled over, they were also five hard working everyday kids who just wanted to play music and preform, who had lives and families and friends.

What makes you beautiful played and it was the end.

Tilly and I returned back stage and this time when the boys hugged me all I could smell was the sweat.

I pushed them away and they got cleaned up and began moving to the signings.

I sat behind the table and watched them sign and smile for photo after photo. They enjoyed it.

A small girl, around ten, and her older sister stood at the table and the little girl leaned in to whisper in Louis ear.

He pulled back and laughed, he turned his head to me and then whispered a reply to the little girl who giggled and held her older sisters hand and hugged her autograph with the other. She let go of her sisters hand, her eyes caught mine.

She waved at me, I smiled and waved back.

The little girl giggled and her sister and her left.

After a while the boys were tired and left the signing table. They had another few interviews, clean up bits and then they changed and we were ready to leave.

We all piled back into the limo and they boys and I went to a bar.

They ordered their drinks.

I ordered a raspberry and coke.

They all laughed at me.

"I don't drink," I laughed.

"Why not?" Zayn smiled.

"I-"

I couldn't tell them I was a crazy drink person and that I got quite different.

"Just one," smiled Zayn biting his lip,eye widening with the challenge.

"One," I smiled, the boys ordered me a beer and I took a sickly sip.

They laughed.

"What are you doing at school?" Liam asked.

"Bachelor of arts," I dribbled some beer on my shirt.

"Nice, what do you want to do?"

"Teach maybe?" I shrugged.

"Really?" Laughed Zayn, "Why? I hated school!"

"Well, I didn't," I retaliated.

Zayn rolled his eyes.

"You look pretty," Louis said.

"Finally managed it did yah?"

Niall chucked.

"I just-"

"Cat got your tongue?" Laughed Harry.

"No!" Grunted Louis defensively, "I was just- well I mean- she- I- you know!"

The boys died laughing.

"I ship LouLy," muttered Harry loud enough for Louis to hear.

Louis began punching Harry and the others.

"It was a joke!" Cried Harry threw tears of laughter, "sorry, sorry, sorry!"

"What's LouLy?" I asked.

Harry laughed even harder and Niall giggled.

"It's a pairing, a combo if names," explained Liam.

"I got that," I said, "who's the pairing for?"

"You and Louis!" Cried a muffled Harry from beneath Louis on the bar floor.

My jaw dropped, "right Louis You hold, I'll punch!"